Light-O-Rama Forums

How to play 2 tracks @ same time, same song but different timing?

TJ Hvasta

I have my Thriller pumpkin faces to play on track 1. I have another Thriller track (2) that are not pumpkin faces, just tombstones, that I want to run at the same time, using the same song.

Tracks have different timings so I can't just cut/paste one to the other. I am using S2 Standard, ver 2.8.10.

Basically, Thriller Track 1, will run on controllers 1 & 8, Thriller Track 2, I want to run on controller 4, but I cant see how to do that.. Do I need to move to Advanced to enable that?

Track Info for both..

Track Number: 1
Track Name:
Channel Groups: 49
Total Time: 6:00.0

Timing Grid Name:
Freeform Timing Grid:
Timings In Track: 7092
------------------------------------
Track Number: 2
Track Name:
Channel Groups: 17
Total Time: 5:57.82

Timing Grid Name:
Freeform Timing Grid:
Timings In Track: 2815

Rats, cant load two sequences at the same time.. :X

Attached files SHOW_FINAL-Thriller_2_PumpkinFaces.lms

I probably didnt explain it well enough..

1) I have one Thriller sequence thats talking pumpkin faces.. it has timing from beat wizard.. it's 32 channels that run the faces and LED floods thru two controllers.

2) I found another Thriller sequence that just lights up some plastic pumpkins, and tombstones with incandescent floods and LEDs.. its timing is different from the pumpkin faces. I want to add this one to mine (above).

I know I cant just staple Thriller (2) to the bottom of Thriller (1) in the same track and expect #2 to line up with #1's timing.

I have the two sequences open but I cant figure out how to attach them both to a track so they'll play together..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I probably didnt explain it well enough..

1) I have one Thriller sequence thats talking pumpkin faces.. it has timing from beat wizard.. it's 32 channels that run the faces and LED floods thru two controllers.

2) I found another Thriller sequence that just lights up some plastic pumpkins, and tombstones with incandescent floods and LEDs.. its timing is different from the pumpkin faces. I want to add this one to mine (above).

I know I cant just staple Thriller (2) to the bottom of Thriller (1) in the same track and expect #2 to line up with #1's timing.

I have the two sequences open but I cant figure out how to attach them both to a track so they'll play together..

I don't know if I am understanding you completely...but you can have two (or more) different tracks and they can ALL have different timings...

So you should be able to add a track (#2) to your first sequence and then copy and paste Thriller #2 into that track. Won't mater that the timings are different...usually that is the purpose of having different tracks, so you can have different timings.

And you SHOULD be able to open more than one sequence at a time.

The timings really dont matter as long as you Paste by Time and not by cell. As long as you have all the channels defined in what will be your master sequence, you should be able to cut and paste from the other sequence.

Ok, I'm going to give "Paste by time" a try.. I would have thot that adding sequences to a track was just opening a window, adding sequence titles like I do for SSB and just have them all play at the same time..

The first sequence is 6:01, the second is 5:57.. as they are two .lms, it says in the Help file, they have to be the same length, so I adjust total time on the second one to match, make it 6:01 also.. if you see a mushroom cloud over Phoenix, it didnt work.. :)

SUCCESSSSS!! Sah-weeet! I had no idea I could cut/paste by time! Looks like it's supposed to in the Animator! Thank you Jim and Brian! Theres gonna be joy in Mudville to-nite!!