Light-O-Rama Forums

Orbit Boxes in Wisconsin

Guest guest

I am looking for an Orbit box to hold my 16 channel controller, but the Menards and Home Depot in my area (Eastside of Madison) don't have any that I could find. Anyone have luck anywhere in Wisconsin? Or would someone in another state be willing to ship me one?

Must be a Wisconsin thing. I can't find any at Menard's or Home Depot in Marshfield nor Wausau.

I need 8 boxes that look professional for the City display and then I need to come up with 4 more for myself.

Steve

Erik:

They are seasonal here in Wisconsin, but where they stock them in each store is a question. Did you ask at the service counter for them to check stock at all the nearby stores? That's how I found mine.

Mike

If you can't find plastic enclosures, Don't discount using Nema3 metal enclosures.
I bought Wiegmann 11x11x4 NEMA 3 enclosures at Home Depo for 24.99 Each.
The 16 channel controllers bolt right in to the existing holes in the back. These
appear to be very similar, if not the same as the enclosures used in the Showtime units.

Tim

I actually like the metal enclosures. I was hoping to get something around $11 rather than $25. Last year I tried to cut corners and used a couple indoor metal enclosures and tried to seal them up. Wrong move. I ended up buying some plastic trash cans to cover them and tried to blend them into the display. What a mess.

Anyway, I think I will end up going with some outdoor metal enclosures and after I get them all, I'm sure some great deal will come up.

Steve