Light-O-Rama Forums

New Guy Here

Dinkpit

Hi All,

Just stopping in to say Hi. Just got 2 LOR 16 channel controllers in the mail, and i am super excited now. Cant wait to set some lights up :D

I was just wondering how many songs people are running for a "show"? I saw 1 guys play list and it was like 20 sequence's/songs.

Thanks Tim

I just purchased 32 channel 1620W controllers, usb booster, and advance software. Should be in anytime now. Got the fever and went to several stores and purchased lights and display. Still researching relative to the music. Does it come with the software or do I have to purchase another unit. Aloha

Welcome to the addiction.

Last year, I ran a show of about 15 minutes length every half hour. It consisted of five sequences.

This year? Who knows what I'll finish with?

My suggestion? Don't sweat it. Do what you can. Make it look like you want it to look. Enjoy it. Then when its over, assess and plan for next year (though I imagine you will already be planning next year before this year is over).

Guest Don Gillespie

Welcome aboard whatever you decide to do is fine make the show your own I just finnished with my 37th song out of 54 just have to do some fine tuning with the rest some I won't even use it really is your own preference as to what you will do, one thing is for sure if you build it they will come have fun

Two first posts back to back ! Welcome bcspy & Dinkpit!

Many fewer songs than I want and many more that I dont have time for planned. Just not sure for which year they will be ready.

I run 60 songs 10 different songs a night.

Monday-Transiberian

Tuesday-Manheim Steamrollers

Wednesday-Rock Christmas songs

Thursday-Slow christmas songs

Friday-Techno Christmas songs

Saturday-Variety of songs (mariah carrey, chipmunks,monique danielles etc.)

Sunday-mix of all songs during the week and some that do not play during week.

That is my show.But any length of show is great. Just take 1 song at a time.

Also welcome to the forum. Last year (my first) I had 4 different shows with a mix of 15 different sequences. Some sequences I used every night; Introduction and Welcome, a couple of the wife's favorites, and A Soldier's Silent Night which always closed out each show. The shows ran about 15 minutes (and then repeated), because I initially had this concern that if the shows were too long, it would cause traffic congestion. The fact is that people come by and stop and view as long as the kids and/or their bladder holds out and return another night. I still like to plan my shows since it gives me a little more creative license, but I see a lot of merit for some users just using the shuffle feature in the Show Editor.

This year, my individual shows have expanded to about 25 minutes, with 5 slightly different shows on consecutive nights.

To th' New Guys.. Welcome to the greatest group of "just-not-right" people on the planet :) As long as you dont ask, "what's a plug", you'll do fine here!! Just kidding, we get that question all the time! LOL! :)

For Bcspy, if you bought a Showtime controller, I'm pretty sure the software comes with it, as does your first kit controller. I believe it's the Basic Level version, which allows 2 controllers (for 32channels) to be daisy-chained.. more than that, you will need to upgrade the software to higher levels for more channels..

If you have not already found them, there are quite a few websites with shared (free) sequences to get you started. Do not be intimidated by some having hundreds of channels, you could still use those, just select the section of lights you want to use and set them to your controllers channels. :shock:

'Seems like everyone starts at http://www.lorsequences.com.. read thru the pages first, then click on the Downloads button (left side of screen) and look thru the S1 and S2, as well as the New Submissions folders. That one will have the latest files that have been uploaded for both Halloween and Christmas. The S1 and S2 have the favorites.. Look thru, see what you like and try them out. We've all been where you are now, you'll get up to speed soon. :cool: Here is one page with a bunch of links to shared sequences: http://www.quartzhillchristmas.com/15.html

TJ

oh bugger.. reading comprehension woz never me strong suite.. I see you've got Advanced level S2, jolly good, you're set fer software then.. ..as fer music, there arrre a couple programs you'll be needin' ta edit yer music, 'mate.. Audacity, Goldwave (wot I use) or Nero Audio Editor.. th' first be free, Nero usually comes with a new CD/dvd drive software.. I apologize fer th' pirate-speak, this be me first year in four I 'ave naught done Pirates o' th' Caribbean fer 'alloween an' it be rearin' its ugly 'ead tryin' ta get out, savvy?

I apologize fer th' pirate-speak, this be me first year in four I 'ave naught done Pirates o' th' Caribbean fer 'alloween an' it be rearin' its ugly 'ead tryin' ta get out, savvy?

Q: So how does a pirate get his Mega Tree Mast up?

A: He uses a "wench"... :)

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Harharharhar!! Ya killin' me 'mate! Th' people 'ere at th' lunch counter wonder why I jus' sprayed me drink oll o'er 'em!!

Can't hold your rum, huh?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

naught when I'm shivved in ribs wit' a cutlass! LOL!!

So Pirates DO drive old Buicks, huh?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

tha' be Olds 'mate... Buicks be carmen Electra..

LOL..I was just going back to correct that....

but arrrrr...ya caught me matey...

'tis the plank for me and a watery grave....