Light-O-Rama Forums

My Halloween Setup

jjdurrant

You said nothing major, but really, it is, isn't it? I'll bet you are the ooh and ahhh of every kid in the neighborhood (and their parents, too).

And be honest - you've sat at the window just to see if cars break when they go by, right? I know I do. Looks great -

Ready for the video JJ...Let me know what camera you are shooting it with. I bought the Kodak Zi8. Have yet to try it cause of the damn mosquito's! They are BRUTAL! Its been a HOT year and a very mild/hot fall. Another 85 degree day today, UGH!

Can't wait to see your video though...HURRY UP! ;)

if someone could figure out how to make singing pumpkin faces out of the small forms like you have displayed, there's gonna be another frenzy of building going on!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

if someone could figure out how to make singing pumpkin faces out of the small forms like you have displayed, there's gonna be another frenzy of building going on!

you would need 25 light strings of minis, they are not always the easiest to find.

amcdonald307 wrote:

You said nothing major, but really, it is, isn't it? I'll bet you are the ooh and ahhh of every kid in the neighborhood (and their parents, too).

And be honest - you've sat at the window just to see if cars break when they go by, right? I know I do. Looks great -

kids reaction makes it all worth it .. my two were dancing in the yard Sat night

Ok you, youtubers question for ya... JJ, how do you get that intro where it says Durant Family Halloween or something? I've seen some people do the starwars scroll prior to the video.

BTW, the vid looks very nice! Audio, yea little help needed there. Not to worry though.

jjdurrant wrote:

Thanks.. I shoot it raw and then make my edits (titles, captions, etc.) with Windows Live Movie Maker. Then upload to YouTube.

Perfect!! Had no idea I had Movie Maker on my PC smack.gif

Very cool. The audio is easy to fix. Mute the audio that's part of the video and add a new audio track. Insert the audio file that you used for your sequence and adjust to match the lights. That way there is no background noise from cars, wind, people etc.

PipefitterDan wrote:

Very cool. The audio is easy to fix. Mute the audio that's part of the video and add a new audio track. Insert the audio file that you used for your sequence and adjust to match the lights. That way there is no background noise from cars, wind, people etc.

Duh. Why didn't I think of that. Lol. Thanks.

No problem. My first video I tried to plug my radio's earphone jack into the audio in on the camera. Problem was where I had to film from was so far away that the radio would lose signal if I moved and I didn't realize it. It sounded awful. I sat there looking at the computer monitor thinking of ways to get better sound and happened to see that I could add an audio track. Duh. Could have saved hours of head racking if someone would have told me before hand. Now I actually talk over the video, I listen to music on headphones and count it down. Helps line it up quicker for me.