Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor question/problem

Guest guest

Hi all,

I'm setting up my haloween show and want to have a startup sequence
run befor the show to fill up the inflatables before the animation sequence starts.

I add the sequence to the startup tab and then put the main sequence in
the animation tab.

I then add the show to the schedule. When the show starts, it goes
directly to the main sequence, skipping the startup sequence.

What did I miss ?

I wasn't going to animate Haloween, but I just had to get some actual show
experience before Christmas and I couldn't resist..:] This Stuff is just too
cool for School! See Snoopy in my avatar... He's part of the Haloween Show.
His dog house returnes for Christmas with a few modifications !.

Tim

a simple animation sequence with 1 channel and 1 event to turn on
the fan and i did remember to set the channel settings :]

oh ya.. it's one minute long .

It seems to be having problems with musical sequences too.
If I put 1 musical sequence in startup, and the other in the main music section,
I get the Music from the startup sequence, but the lights are actually
flashing to the main sequence. Really bizzar.

Software version is 5A13
Boards are CTB-16D kits version 3.0
Not sure how to check the FW revision...

I also loaded the software on my laptop (which has never had LOR on it)
and tried the same thing. Got the exact same results.:shock:

I believe the startup sequence will just run once and then stop. If you are using it to inflate a figure and want it to stay inflated , it will have to be a background sequence.
If you want to have time for it to inflate, build a 30 second or so blank animation sequence and put it first in the show to give time for it to inflate before your animated show starts.

Also , a startup sequence must be an animation sequence or you get unexpected results (as you have seen)

Hope this helps.

Well this is an odd one. Do me a favor and if you can zip up the sequence files and audio files you using and email them to dan@lightorama.com I will take a look. Also include the show file which should be in the lightorama folder. Please have the show file setup for the example where you had a musical sequence in the startup and a musical sequence in the musical section.

Ok Dan,

I'll get that stuff sent to you. Thank's in advance for the Help.

And Brian, I'll get some pictures of all my Peanuts stuff posted up on a website.
Yes Snoopy's dog house is 3D and hides one LOR controller. The rest of the
characters are plywood cutouts I custom made.

Haloween is the Great Pumpkin Theme and Christmas is A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Tim

• 1 month later...

My goal is to have the four songs that I have play on the hour and on the half hour and the rest of the time would be animated. How do I do that. I thought I knew until Halloween came and went. The musical sequence played followed by a 1 minute animated sequence and another musical sequence. Drove my wife batty, (It's compromise time). The musical sequence should last approximately 14 minutes.

Any and all advice is always appreciated.

Dennis

lightsgonewild wrote:

My goal is to have the four songs that I have play on the hour and on the half hour and the rest of the time would be animated. How do I do that. I thought I knew until Halloween came and went. The musical sequence played followed by a 1 minute animated sequence and another musical sequence. Drove my wife batty, (It's compromise time). The musical sequence should last approximately 14 minutes.

Any and all advice is always appreciated.

Dennis

If it has to start exactly on the hour/half hour then you will need to do the following:

Create a show with the musical sequences in the Music section. Then add an animation sequence that is long enough to go a half hour including the music

Then you need to schedule the show to run 30 minutes every half hour.

If you do not need it to start exaclty on the hour/half hour then just put an animation sequence at the bottom of the Music Section. Make the Animation Sequence long enough to be the filler.