Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB LED Pixel Chasing Question

monkey141

Hello All,

I received my new RGB pixel's for this year's display this week and I have been playing with them non stop, but I can't seem to get a sequence that looks like a chase. I am used to tying together 2 or 3 strings and alternating colors every 1/10 or 2/10 of a second, but I can't seem to get something I like, and maybe it is because they are lying all around my living room table. I am just curious to see how others who have similar devices (CCR, FireFli, etc) are programming chasing sequences. I planned on using these for arches and for around my windows and doors. If all works well, I want to use them for my mega tree next year.

Thanks,

Mike

I dont have any answers for you :D but I'd love to see what yours look like. I saw some at a mini, and was thinking about buying some. are yours 6803 or 2801, and what did you use for DMX conversion ?

I will try and take some video later today. I have the 6803's and I am using the iDMX. I bought the iDMX during the summer sale so I was able to save a little there. I had originally bought it trying to develop my own rgb pixel using a matrix and the arduino, and then I found these pixels on one of the forums. I looked into them a bit and a lot of people were having great success, so I decided by re-invent the wheel. :-) It was really simple and I have really had a lot of fun the last two nights playing with them. I am even more anxious to get them in the yard.

Mike

The best way to get a good looking chase is to ensure you use a fade out in the chase that over laps the previous few channels/lights, this way you get a nice chasing fading tail effect and not a sharp 1 pixel on chase.

A video would help us to see what your actual issues are

As far as how to program this easily in LOR i cant be of any assistance as i use LSP.