Light-O-Rama Forums

Coating on Skycraft SPT

gizmomkr

Just wondering if anyone else had a recient order of Skycraft SPT ( past couple of weeks) They seemed to indicate in the email I got that they had changed suppliers.

I have never ordered from them before, but was wondering if there SPT always has this "sticky coating"

All the SPT I have ever gotten in the past has somewhat of a slick (PVC I think) jacket. The jacket on the Skycraft SPT I just got seems much more "rubber" like and has some sort of non-slip / tacky coating on it.

It worked fine with the plugs I picked up from CLS, but I'm shure its going to be covered with dirt, bark chips, crushed leafs, etc when I pull it all up.

Is there stuff always coated like this ?

2 1000' spools I have bought, had a sticky coating on it, the first spool did not.

the non sticky spool (black wire) happen to be the 1st one I bought last fall, the other 2 (white wire), were bought earlier this year.

I purchased 2500'of their gray SPT cable back in August. I have not unspooled any of it yet, but the outer wraps on the reels were not sticky.

I started off with 3 spools and it is all "sticky" to the touch. I have my Halloween set up going and have not seen any dirt sticking to the cords. The coating is hell to strip! It wants to stretch rather than cut cleanly.

That said, it is still a great buy.