Light-O-Rama Forums

Watching the Show as it Plays!

Donny M. Carter

What I want to know, is there a way to watch the sequences that are playing in my Show while it is playing? If that makes any sense.

Could you not set up a live video camera out side ?

Unless you are talking about watching the visualizer while the show plays.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

What I want to watch is the grid for the song that's playing

When a show is running, there is no way (or option) to have the currently playing sequence automatically show up in the sequence editor and follow along.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

What I want to watch is the grid for the song that's playing

I only do that sometimes when I play one song at a time to see how the sequences look. I pick the last weekend in November to do this, the people get a show (sort of) and I get to do testing before the actual start day of December 1st.

This helps me to make some final changes.

I click on "control lights" otherwise I usually do not worry any more once my weekend of testing is done.

I used SD cards last year after testing.

Go out in the yard with a laptop and a long cat5 cable and play your sequences from the sequence editor.

You can't watch them from the show player.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Go out in the yard with a laptop and a long cat5 cable and play your sequences from the sequence editor.

You can't watch them from the show player.

That is what I do but he still needs to use the "control lights".

I sit on the front deck and touch up my sequences.

Sorry Donny I forgot to say Lap Top.

Actually you can go to any of the controllers and plug in a cable and then over to your computer outside (usually a laptop with the USB adapter). I ran from a controller that is closes to the road to my laptop on a TV tray and a lawn chair. And then did my tuning from the curb. It does not matter which controller just so that it has a open RJ -3 or RJ-45 connector.

Mountainwxman wrote:

George... you beat me to the draw once again!

Hey - now that you mention it, that's what Sharon calls me too - Quick Draw... hmmm...

I knew what the OP was asking, but I couldn't resist. Besides, I figured someone else would come along right after me and break his heart with the answer anyway.