Light-O-Rama Forums

Backdrop

Dad02

I would suggest contacting a local print shop. Shipping on an item that large would be a little pricey.

I purchased a 2 car garage door sized mural, but the company that made it is out of business. It is made out of a heavy duty vinyl, and completely covers the door, using elastic connectors to allow the door to be opened and closed without issue.

If you have no local print shop, you could always do a google search.

Good luck,

Greg

If I remember correctly, they are the ones that make the garage door covers?

They were really cool looking but if I remember correctly, it was very "difficult" to do business with them. I haven't seen any posts from them in a long time, so I bet they are no longer supplying them.

Getting a screen that large is going to be big bucks! I wish you luck my friend!

Contact an outdoor billboard company. Most either have inhouse or a working relationship with a silkscreen sign mfg. All of the billboards around here are silkscreened on heavy duty vinyl.

I have no idea what you may have paid in the past, but I suspect my links would be somewhat more expensive.

In Stage and Theatre shows, they frequently use backdrops - lots of companies will sell or even RENT backdrops for use.

PVC is much cheaper (and weather resistant) whereas "muslin" is easier to fold / store / transport. Some would argue hand painted (as many muslin are) is better than mass produced.

If a company with a muslin gets a small hole in it, or a tear, they may sell the muslin cheap.

Anyway - muslin is a fabric (alsmot always flame treated)

You can find lots of places that will rent or sell it with various theems:

http://www.aurabackdrops.com/holiday-scenic-muslin-backdrops-c-23.htm

http://www.dozensofmuslins.com/portfolio.php

a garage door would probably be ok, but these are intended for indoor use, so I wouldnt set it out in the rain.