Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving Channels in Animation

shfr26

OK,I can't find this in search, sorry. I redid some channels and named them left and right and they are not all together in one spot in the left column. If I move them up and down to get them all together, will all my timings for on and off and such, remain the same when I export it and then import it to the other sequences?? I think they will, but want to make sure before I do it, cause don't what to screw everything else up, if I can help it. Hope that makes sense.

No matter where you move the channel, the events you programmed into a channel remain. Your timing marks might change depending on what you do, but the events will remain unchanged.

I had 7 channels named "bushes" , I renamed them bushes left and right and they are not all together in the channel column. I just clicked on them and dragged them to one spot and got them all together so I can see them in one place. So that will work?

O.K., I did a test and as far as I can tell, you can not do what I was looking for. If I remane the channels where they are it is fine, but if I move them to put them in order, export that config, them import it into another sequence the events do not move with the channels. Guess I will have to move the channels around in each sequence instead, Bummer!!

shfr26 wrote:

O.K., I did a test and as far as I can tell, you can not do what I was looking for. If I remane the channels where they are it is fine, but if I move them to put them in order, export that config, them import it into another sequence the events do not move with the channels. Guess I will have to move the channels around in each sequence instead, Bummer!!

What you have to do duplicate your track that has all your channels in it. Do all your, adding, renaming, and rearranging, in this duplicated (2nd) track. Leave track one exactly as last years channel config.

You can then export this channel config, and it will import correctly. You can then delete your #1 track (last years channel line up).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Paul and others, this really saved my butt as I set up my display in LOR months ago and have created numerous sequences with that layout.

As I was creating the plan for connecting everything this weekend, I realized my logic on connecting items on the display to certain controllers, my logic did not make sense.

So as I had to move things around as far as reprogramming the channels, which was pretty easy.

But then I wanted to also move my channels together in logical groups on my Channel config, and that was where I was worried, and this worked exactly like you said.

Thanks a bunch, it helped in a crunch!

Paul