Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I Limit max intensity by channel

gizmomkr

I don't think there is a way to do that. But it would be nice. Also it would be nice to be able to make a channel a "on/off" only or "none dim" No matter what the sequence says.

Steve

On the same note .....

If I have a string of WHITE lights and a string of RED lights, is there a way of balancing the brightness of the two.

Until I have them up and seen from a distance I am concerned that the white LED lights may over power the red ones.

Comments ..

Thanks,

Dave

At this time (unless I missed an update), there is a global max setting by controller, but it limits all the channels. The ability to do individual channels globally as been requested.

RaceMedic wrote:

On the same note .....

If I have a string of WHITE lights and a string of RED lights, is there a way of balancing the brightness of the two.

Until I have them up and seen from a distance I am concerned that the white LED lights may over power the red ones.

Comments ..

Thanks,

Dave

I had the same issue on white vs gold. I connected both strings to a controller and used the control panel to lower the white so I had the setting % needed for programming.

I know at one point I read something about Vixen supporting "profiles" for various types of lights - call it whatever you like, but the goal is the same: To adjust levels output to a given controller channel based on a %. (I could never find the option in Vixen, but I didnt really look that hard)

The "profile" or adjustment should map to a given channel, and say 'if sequence sends 100% - send controller 85%'

If you write a sequence and hard code those potentially "light string specific" values, and end up having to replace the string, the replacment may not respond the same way - then you would have to re-program that chanel for your entire show....

Aslo, if you shared a sequence, and set you max channel value for "70%" and then someone trys to use it with incan's - they will be stuck looking at lights that never go to full bright.... and fades that start from 10%. These are arbatrary values, but Im sure you get the idea.

So - I guess there is no real fix or function for this as of right now. :X

gizmomkr wrote:

I know at one point I read something about Vixen supporting "profiles" for various types of lights - call it whatever you like, but the goal is the same: To adjust levels output to a given controller channel based on a %. (I could never find the option in Vixen, but I didnt really look that hard)

The "profile" or adjustment should map to a given channel, and say 'if sequence sends 100% - send controller 85%'

If you write a sequence and hard code those potentially "light string specific" values, and end up having to replace the string, the replacment may not respond the same way - then you would have to re-program that chanel for your entire show....
Under normal circumstances if a string had to be replaced, we would probably have a matching string.

Aslo, if you shared a sequence, and set you max channel value for "70%" and then someone trys to use it with incan's - they will be stuck looking at lights that never go to full bright.... and fades that start from 10%. These are arbatrary values, but Im sure you get the idea.
I would think that is just another thing the borrower would need to look for. Don't think many (if any) actully do their programming thinking, "I need to program it this way so it would be easier for someone to borrow.

So - I guess there is no real fix or function for this as of right now. :X

I am all for being able to set a max and min for individual channels.