Light-O-Rama Forums

Call One Sequence File From Another Sequence File

JamesWright

Here is a question that I hope someone can answer. How can I set up a sequence file (.ims) to run (from inside a show) and then, at the end of that file, call another sequence file? Here is why I ask the question. I want to use 2 files for each "song". The first file is a sequence that is an introduction (voice over) that I want to play and then I want to play the actual song sequence itself. A different introduction will play for each different song. Last year this was not a problem since I could just set up the files in the proper order in a show (.iss) file, and then run the show. Everything stayed in the same order. This year I want to vary the song order based on real time input from the public via MIIP on the Internet. I can only call 1 file from MIIP and I want the introduction to play each time the associated song is to play. So I have to figure out how to make that work. Also, I don't want to include the voice over introduction in the song sequence itself so that I can change the introduction if necessary. Any suggestions? Jim Wright

Hey jim

I think I can program this for you. The intro 'song' will be part of the same miip song. This will take me afew nights to test.

Have to be careful to not introduce a bug this close to season.

BobO:
That sounds great! I was trying to figure out a way without bothering you, but I can't wait. Thanks. Jim