Light-O-Rama Forums

55 Minute Audio File?

occhristmas

I have combined all the audio into one long song - the total is 55 minutes. I can break the song into 28 and 27 minute files and each imports. The error I get with the longer file indicates that it cannot allocate memory for canonical wave file.

Can someone please verify if the software will not import a 55 minute song - or are there any "tricks" that I can do to my file to sort of trick the software into importing it?

Thanks!

It sounds to me like the issue is the amount of memory needed for using the Waveform Display, Beat Wizard, and/or Tapper Wizard. If you avoid using those things, it might be OK. Make sure to turn off "View Wave Form by Default", in Edit / Preferences / Display Preferences, before opening up the sequence (or creating a new sequence).

It's also possible that some other machine might have enough memory to create the stuff that we need to use the Waveform Display, Beat Wizard, and Tapper Wizard:

If you have another computer, try creating a sequence based on that same audio file on that computer. If the Waveform Display successfully opens, then use Windows Explorer to go to the directory where the audio file is located, and look for a ".lpx" file otherwise having the same name as the audio file. For example, if the audio file is "MySong.mp3", look for "MySong.mp3.lpx". Copy that lpx file to the other computer, and the Waveform Display (et cetera) should start working for that particular mp3 file.

Make sure that you have the Windows Explorer option to hide known file extensions turned off, or it's possible that "MySong.mp3" will just show up as "MySong", and perhaps even "MySong.mp3.lpx" will show up as "MySong.mp3".

If you don't have another computer, or if trying this doesn't help, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) a copy of the audio file. I may be able to create an appropriate lpx file for you.

Ok - thanks so much for the advice. So, this is where I am. I would have never thought to diable the wave form - I have had songs before that I gave up on because the wave didn't create and I couldn't get the song to open.

With the wave form turned off, the file opens. However I cannot get the wave form to create, so no file is created with the wave form, but that is another thing that I learned...I always wondered what that extra file was that gets created??

The file is 77 MB and I have tried to open it on two different computers. I get the same error, but the good news is that the song imports.

Thanks so much for your advice. I'm pushing it I know, but is there any suggestions to get the file to import with the wave form? I find it much easier to sequence with the wave form. I know...you are probably thinking, next, the guy is gonna want me to sequence it for him too!

All help is appreciated!

Are you saying that the *.lpx file is there, for the 55 minute song file?

For example, if the song file is called fiftyfive.mp3, there's a file called fiftyfive.mp3.lpx?

I apologize for my vague answer - no, I disabled the wave form and the song opened in LOR S2. I saved the sequence - which also saved the song, but no wave form and no .mp3.lpx - I keep trying to sneak up on the software and ask it to build the waveform, but to no avail! I receive the error message: cannot allocate memory for canonical wave file.