Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you get a picture of you screen shot ?

Guest guest

Get picture of you screen shot that shows your sequence? I was comparing mine with others and when i do like three tap wizard my 1/10sec spacing gets even smaller and by the fourth one its crazy looking. What do you do?

How would i show you?

I stopped using the Crap Wizard. I prefer to just set a .10 second time slot for each cell. Then when the music starts, just start filling in cells, it gets easier as you go along. Also, once certain phrases of your song repeat, just cut and paste and it moves along real quick.

I dont use any spacing.
I tap out only every other beat, then add multiple events (7) to each beat.
(this takes the longest, but goes pretty fast)
The grid is now perfect 16th notes for the whole song.

jeffostroff wrote:

I stopped using the Crap Wizard. I prefer to just set a .10 second time slot for each cell. Then when the music starts, just start filling in cells, it gets easier as you go along. Also, once certain phrases of your song repeat, just cut and paste and it moves along real quick.

I use the Tap Wizard successfully but only as a tool to speed things up. I still have to go and adjust the timings. I start with a grid of .10 or .05 second cells. I then add the beat as quick On/Offs. Then I go through the sequence using the toggel tool to move the beats left or right as necessary.

I find it quicker to do it this way than to just start with an empty grid. Many times the taps are correct so I do not need to do anything.

I can use the tap wizard, Its when i get to three beats and voices that the grids start to look like they anywhere between 1/10th to 1/20th of a sec. The spacing just gets so small but so far it has worked out, Keep in mind that this is just for the halloween project and thats only 16 channels. Not 112 which im using for christmas.

How do i get screen shots? Do i take a picture with my digital cam and post it? Dont know if that will work. I could try it tho. Jrodna

p.s. Thanks

LightORama wrote:

jeffostroff wrote:

I use the Tap Wizard successfully but only as a tool to speed things up. I still have to go and adjust the timings. I start with a grid of .10 or .05 second cells. I then add the beat as quick On/Offs. Then I go through the sequence using the toggel tool to move the beats left or right as necessary.

I find it quicker to do it this way than to just start with an empty grid. Many times the taps are correct so I do not need to do anything.

Dan -- every time I"ve tried this in the past, I get tiny events added to my grid, which pretty well messes it up. This is true even if I try various different "snap to nearest" values. What am I doing wrong?

I'd love to do what you're describing, but have pretty much also quit using the tapper due to this...

Thanks!

-Tim

Jordan, to answer your question about how to display the picture, one way is while the sequence is showing hit the "print screen" key on the keyboard. Then open "Paint", click on "Edit" then click on "Paste", the screen shot should show up. Now use the "select" tool and select only the part you want, right click and "cut", close the open file, open a new file, right click and paste. Now you have just the selection you wanted to show. Now do a file, save as, and changed the file to a .jpg file, save to disk, then upload to your post. Hope this helps,

James

tfischer wrote:

LightORama wrote:
jeffostroff wrote:

Dan -- every time I"ve tried this in the past, I get tiny events added to my grid, which pretty well messes it up. This is true even if I try various different "snap to nearest" values. What am I doing wrong?

I'd love to do what you're describing, but have pretty much also quit using the tapper due to this...

Thanks!

-Tim

Tim,

I will for example, set the grid to 1/10 second. Then I will use the tapper with "Snap To" set to 6/100s and (blink on briefly when you tap).

When I save the taps I use the blink duration of 1/10 second.

I do not get any new events created.

LightORama wrote:

tfischer wrote:
LightORama wrote:
jeffostroff wrote:

Thanks!

-Tim

Tim,

I will for example, set the grid to 1/10 second. Then I will use the tapper with "Snap To" set to 6/100s and (blink on briefly when you tap).

Hmmm, it's been awhile since I've sequenced (I really need to get started again). I'll try these steps, and see if that works for me. Thanks!

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

LightORama wrote:
tfischer wrote:
LightORama wrote:
jeffostroff wrote:

Thanks!

-Tim

Tim,

Hmmm, it's been awhile since I've sequenced (I really need to get started again). I'll try these steps, and see if that works for me. Thanks!

-Tim

Looks like we're going for the record of quotes inside of quotes!

I set all my timing at .04 and have used the tapping wizard a lot.

After using the tap wizard you need to make sure that you tell it to save it at the same timing as your sequence (mine would be .04 for example).

If you don't use the same timing, it will create new events which you do not want.

• 1 month later...

LightORama wrote:

tfischer wrote:
LightORama wrote:
jeffostroff wrote:

Thanks!

-Tim

Tim,

I'm finally returning to report back about this.

When I use "Blink on briefly" it works as you describe.

When I use "toggle" and some of the other choices, which is what I had been trying, I get additional events added.

Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it's supposed to work?

Thanks,

-Tim