Light-O-Rama Forums

A forest of mini-trees!

jjdurrant

First off... whew. That was LOTS of work as I know those who have built mini-trees can relate.

Total Trees: 18 (8 incandescent and 10 5mm LED) Thanks pokrplr for the 5mm idea and hotrod1965for the great LEDS!

Total lights for incandescents: 300 x 8 = 2400
Total lights for 5MM LEDs: 240 x 10 = 2400
Total lights: 4800

Floral easels are 36" bought from Micheals. I used approx 2500 4" zip ties. I HIGHLY recommend the Uline zip tie gun!

It's funny comparing this years trees with last years. I wasn't too good at the light spacing the first time around. Practice makes perfect.

Justin

5086810953_9ba9d13cbe_z.jpg

Show off!!!...:P

I am planning on 13, and have a dozen to go..smaller ones get 300 lights, larger 600...

I keep telling myself I don't need a zip tie gun, but...

And it's freaking October...how did THAT happen????...:D

Trees look awesome! Pls send 6 of them to me! Thank you! Yep thats the # of how many I still need to wrap. Have to let my fingers heal a little first

Sweet!!

We have 12 mini trees in our display that need lights replaced on them this year. I have done one of them.:shock:

Good job!!

FischLights wrote:

Can you take a pic of the mini trees on in the dark, and post it.

What's the length (top to bottom) of the wrapped with lights portion of the easels?

He did the same one's I did. Floral Easel is 36" high. Wrapped portion is 26-28"

Night look: Red - Cool White - Blue. 5mm

MINIS.jpg

108_0008.JPG

Blue & White. Hard to see how good it looks in the day. Also testing this new Zi8

Hey Justin,

Don't you have a garage? From the back ground in those pictures it looks like you are in the living room or something. My wife would kill me if I started storing things in the house like that. I can bring in little projects like wrapping little mini trees but it looks like you are storing your arches in there also

kzaas wrote:

Hey Justin,

Don't you have a garage? From the back ground in those pictures it looks like you are in the living room or something. My wife would kill me if I started storing things in the house like that. I can bring in little projects like wrapping little mini trees but it looks like you are storing your arches in there also

Thats my picture and my only wife approved room. Most times I use it strictly as the poker room, this year it was taken over with lights! Lots of them. I'd put my stuff together up there then hook it all to LOR to get a true visual. Oh yeah, I'm also allowed to have the garage :D ... AKA the Man Cave

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

jjdurrant wrote:

^^^^^^^^ See.. I thought we were on good terms and now I go and find out you are a Yankees fan. Bummer.

JK

:D

Your not still mad about the Twins are ya? LOL ... Least your Vikes won! :)

pokrplr wrote:

jjdurrant wrote:
^^^^^^^^ See.. I thought we were on good terms and now I go and find out you are a Yankees fan. Bummer.

JK

:D

Your not still mad about the Twins are ya? LOL ... Least your Vikes won! :)

LOL! I am not a baseball fan.. but I still hate the Yankees.. haha!

True, Vikes did win.. but barely. Us Vikes fans had much higher expectations given last year's success.

pokrplr wrote:

kzaas wrote:
Hey Justin,

Thats my picture and my only wife approved room. Most times I use it strictly as the poker room, this year it was taken over with lights! Lots of them. I'd put my stuff together up there then hook it all to LOR to get a true visual. Oh yeah, I'm also allowed to have the garage :) ... AKA the Man Cave

DSCN0920.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

Nice Mane Cave But, it would drive me crazy having those trash cans inside my garage. I don't care how much you try to spray them off with a hose, they still seem to a foul odor, BTW is that where that ghoul grew from?

Ken

kzaas wrote:

pokrplr wrote:
kzaas wrote:
Hey Justin,

Thats my picture and my only wife approved room. Most times I use it strictly as the poker room, this year it was taken over with lights! Lots of them. I'd put my stuff together up there then hook it all to LOR to get a true visual. Oh yeah, I'm also allowed to have the garage :( ... AKA the Man Cave

Nice Mane Cave But, it would drive me crazy having those trash cans inside my garage. I don't care how much you try to spray them off with a hose, they still seem to a foul odor, BTW is that where that ghoul grew from?

Ken

Thanks Ken...Ah the trash cans! Our HOA is so particiluar that they don't allow them to be outside, well at least not visible. That will be fixed SOON!! Building a small trellis and will let it cover itself with vines, then hide behind. The Ghoul is out there to air out, bought him at a garage sale and he reaked of moth balls. He's good now!

Bob

Very productive day @ work today! Wrapped the remaining 3 mini's...Thank GOD! 18 of these suckers ready to go...Woot!!

jjdurrant wrote:

HAHAHAHA! Awesome! What do you do?

Self Employed T-Mobile store owner :) ... Wednesdays are typically slower days. I had 3-4 hours of uninterupted quiet today