Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT1 PLUGS

EARLE W. TALLEY

I got this from PC and thought I would pass it along for the people that don't go over there. Home Depot has SPT1 male and female plugs on line for $35.97 per 100 with free shipping check this out:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

***** THese are for SPT1 wire

Earle

I just noticed that the 2nd add does not work, so you can go to Homedepot.com and in the electrical dept under "outlets & plugs" search for " slide on plugs " it will show both male & female plugs or use the first add. and search for " slide on plugs ".

Earle

Earle

Wow - cool find. I wish the store had them like that. Every now and then, I look and can find some type of male slide on in store, but the price is insane. I have never seen the female slide on in store.

I dont really have a use for the male ends. All my controllers are PC series. I use terminal strips at the controller and skipp the male / female connections completely at the controller side.

Part of my challenge is I seem to move every year - 3 seasons, 3 different yards / houses. So EVERYTIHNG changes EVERY year. I coil it all up when its over and use (or re use) as much as I can, and generally never "CUT" anything shorter (any extra cord just gets coiled) If its too short, I will run a new piece of SPT or splice together some leftovers.

My first year I spent several hundred on extension cords, second year I planned SLIGHTLY better and probably only spent 75-100 . This year I planned MUCH better and only spent about 60.00 (and its really JUST IN CASE, as I dont think I'll need to use ANY) Famous last words.... You know what they say about SPT - measure 2 or 3 times, then double or tripple that, then HOPE that ends up being enough :P

gizmomkr wrote:

I have never seen the female slide on in store.

Insert the rest here: ________________________

HEHE :P

pokrplr wrote:

gizmomkr wrote:

HEHE :P

"you're probably not looking at the right kind of web site.."

pokrplr wrote:

gizmomkr wrote:

HEHE :)

Why do I expect to see this from someone with the name pokr hmmmm???

James Hawke wrote:

Me too, got an e-mail saying they shipped both :)

Me too, got my spt wire the other day, male plugs should be here tomorrow, got confirmation on female plugs today. Let set it up!!

Ordered yesterday, got an out-of-stock email today. :(

It's funny... this is the third time in the past year I've ordered them only to have an OOS email show up instead of a shipped email. One of these times I'll get in on this deal! ;)

Caution using these connectors.

Last year, vendors started switching from the light green plugs/sockets to a very hard dark green plastic, These dark green plastic plugs/sockets vampires do not always line up properly. These are also a pita to slide the back plate on.

You should test all connections, in cold weather, before you place them out of reach. I have a 5 gallon bucket, half full of these from last year, headed for the trash. The ones I bought this year from AL and HD have all been returned.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeffrey wrote:

Ordered yesterday, got an out-of-stock email today. :(

It's funny... this is the third time in the past year I've ordered them only to have an OOS email show up instead of a shipped email. One of these times I'll get in on this deal! :D

Finally... FINALLY... I got some female ends from the HD!!! :)

They just showed up and they were all green... loose... and there were only 98 ends with 99 slide-on tops. But I'm not complaining since the price is definitely right.

• 2 weeks later...