Light-O-Rama Forums

Tag a section

shfr26

Is there anyway to "tag" a portion of a sequence? Say I have a portion that I want to repeat in a different area. At 54 secs is the first portion and I want to repeat it at 1 min 15 secs or so. Rather than keeping track of the exact time it started, can it be tagged some how? I have some arch movements that I want to put in a different portion of the song well past the first one I did. Does this make sense to anybody? Was looking for a different way rather than write the times down and then go back and copy it to the new area.

I don't think there is because I have asked (wishlist@lightorama.com) for a way to insert timing marks into the timeline... like you can do with video editing software.

I think that's the purpose of having mulyiple clipboard options. You can select something to copy, give it a name, and then save it for future use. When you're done, simply delete the clipboard. If you want to keep it for future reference, I'd suggest creating an animation sequence for that particular display element and copy/paste the patterns you want to keep into there for long-term storage.

Oh yea, the new clipboard thingy!! Did not even think about that. You are my hero George!!:D One of these days I will start to actually use more than 20% of what the software has to offer.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but you can make a new timing track, and put in just the timing marks that line up with those elements. Not exactly what you are looking for, but not too many extra clicks...