Light-O-Rama Forums

Error after install

Galen

My old Windows XP machine did an automatic update last night and today I had no desktop, no bookmarks or any of my customizations, in fact when trying to run LOR it decided this was the first time . . . so I rolled back the update, got most of my settings back, but LOR still thinks this is the first time using it. After asking me where I want my working files stored, I give it a path (or leave it as default, it doesn't seem to matter) and then it gives me a pop-up window named LORPost stating:
Error: RegCreateKeyEx failure On step: Set user data path C:*****etc.****

I can only click okay and then it nicely tells me LOR is not correctly installed.

I have tried different paths, I've tried to have LOR "repair" the install, I have uninstalled and re-installed, and I get this same message regardless. Any suggestions?

I was using 2.8.12 and it was running fine before this Windows update.

Thanks, Dan, for the suggestion. I tried that and it didn't help. I think windows corrupted itself in its update. I was planning on getting a new computer for this season's show anyway, so I suppose I'll just do that sooner rather than later and convert this old one to a Linux machine.