Light-O-Rama Forums

Another problem

Terry Hurrle

Ok get one thing fixed and another problem has popped up. Not one of my sequences will start. Click on play and nothing. I closed everything and still not starting. Anyone had this happen or knows why this would happen? Gonna go outside and hang more lights until I can get a little advise on the problem.
THanks

I have a similar issue, only my sequence will start and then "hang-up". There is no rhyme or reason, that I can find. Nothing else is running in the background, the audio files are in the LOR folder, but the sequence begins and hangs-up at random times.

I have to re-boot the laptop when this happens. I have all of the latest Windows updates, and I am running Media Player 11. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Blake

Terry Hurrle wrote:

Ok get one thing fixed and another problem has popped up. Not one of my sequences will start. Click on play and nothing. I closed everything and still not starting. Anyone had this happen or knows why this would happen? Gonna go outside and hang more lights until I can get a little advise on the problem.
THanks

When you say it wont start do you mean that the sequence editor will not play the sequence at all? Or do you mean that it is not actually controlling your lights?

I had an issue last night after my Halloween display had shut down for the night. I was trying to play the sequence to see the results of a change I made in the sequence. The lights would not come on and I eventually figured out this was because I had a show enabled in the control panel and the LOR icon was blue in the lower right corner. I had to right click on it and disable the show to change the icon red. Then I could manually play a sequence in the sequence editor and see the result on my lights.

What else (other apps) is running in the background? Did you turn off/disable your anti-virus/firewall, etc? I'd do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, open the Task Manager and see if you have anything running that doesnt need to be. Did you just get Windows file/driver updates? My show computer has everything disabled (in msconfig), not wifi'd or hardwired to anything other than the controllers.

Also, you cant run the sequencer while the Show Scheduler is active and vice-versa.. you can only have one thing active at a time, either disable Show mode (unload it, -not- uninstall) and run the Sequencer, or close the sequencer and activate Show Mode.

similar problems where happening to me as well then i noticed a newer sofware update and it fixed the problem i would check and see if you are up to date on the sofware releases

I could not get a sequence to do any thing in the visualizer. Sometimes it would start then others not. Then finally nothing. I tried to play an mp3 file and nothing. Then a cd. Nothing. At this poing I started checking things in my PC and researching the net. I suspected my sound card had blown and I find out I have a chip in this pc. $20.00 for a new sound card and all is working. I would have thought the sequence would run just not hearing sound but not so I guess. Anyway it is fixed and since the old speakers would not work with this new card I have a great set of speakers and terrific sound. Anyone else ever experienced this?
Terry

This is most likely my issue. I have multiple processes running in the background, in my task manager. There were no other "applications" running but many processes. Too many to go through one by one, so I am going to try to shut all of them down and re-run the LOR.

I really appreciate the responses, being a newbie and all. On that note, I am using my personal laptop that has McAfee securtity/antivirus, and a host of other processes running on start-up, how many people use a dedicated PC just for LOR?

Thanks -Blake

I am getting a new MAC desktop in the next week or so.

This is because my current desktop is older and needs to be replaced for my photography but also it will let the old one be dedicated to the LOR show.

Dave

I picked up a cheap laptop from Walmart the day after Thanksgiving last year it's dedicated to my lor shows it was only $400 lol
Man have I spent a lot on this hobbie haha and I still can't seem to stop spend money for mire decorations lol
Christopher