Light-O-Rama Forums

LORMonitor has encounter a problem (HELP)

kdouglas

Show keeps stoping in middle and give this error LORMonitor has encounter a problem and needs to close..

I run a song then a song with video through whole show seems to always stop in same spot no matter if its video with song or just song (always stop about in middle) i have moved songs that it stops at and put it up in the top plays fine when at top (so don't think its any my songs or videos have moved them taken some out still having problem) i have turned off screen saver (in task manager says lormonitor not responding, lortray running) Using LOR 8.12 Advanced, Windows XP

This is a long shot but about a week ago someone had a simular problem and it turned out to be an issue with WMP. Can you try updating your Windows Media Player....

i tried running just half the show tonight and it seemed to work so i guess i just break it down tp 2 shows and paly one from 630 till 830 the other from 830 til 1030

kdouglas wrote:

i tried running just half the show tonight and it seemed to work so i guess i just break it down tp 2 shows and paly one from 630 till 830 the other from 830 til 1030

You may want to try this:

If you have an MP3/WAV editor, load the file into it, then export it as a 192K or 128K file. I had some issues with a couple of MP3 files I had downloaded and found they apparently had some bad info about 1/2 way into the song. Now they played fine in the MP3 player I use (Not the windows media player) but when I loaded them into the WMP, guess what, yep, bombed out about 1/2 way through, WMP gave me some type of error, don't recall what it was, but think it said the MP3 file was corrupted. The LOR Sequencer never gave me an error message or anything, it just STOPPED the song midway through due to some issue.

This sounds like the same problem/issue you're having.

So what I did was load the "bad" or "corrupt" files into my MP3(Music) editor I use, then exported them back out with a different kbsp setting, 192 or 128kbps, then they worked fine in both the WMP and LOR Sequencer.

So you might want to give that a try and see if it corrects the problem.