Light-O-Rama Forums

I am that guy

jjdurrant

DonFL wrote:

Depends..what time of the day were you doing it?...:)

LOL..I like your answer better than mine!! LOL

At least it's cooler in Minnesota. We are supposed to reach 100 again on Wednesday. I started yesterday but can only work until about 10 in the morning and after four in the afternoon. Somehow, putting snowmen and polar bears in the yard hasn't helped keep me cool. Think I may wait until the weekend before I continue,' supposed to be in the high 80's, low 90's again.

Denny wrote:

At least it's cooler in Minnesota.  We are supposed to reach 100 again on Wednesday.  I started yesterday but can only work until about 10 in the morning and after four in the afternoon.  Somehow, putting snowmen and polar bears in the yard hasn't helped keep me cool.  Think I may wait until the weekend before I continue,' supposed to be in the high 80's, low 90's again.

Hey let's see who is complaining come mid December! I promise it will be me. :)

Denny wrote:

...We are supposed to reach 100 again on Wednesday...

Really? really? :shock: 100F again??? Craaaap, I was hoping we were done with 100+ temps!! :) Thurs/Fri/Sat, my days off better be normal temps!! :)

Why did you wait so long. Mega tree was finished and up three weeks ago, lights on roof and ice cycles up two weeks ago. Did not like the looks of roof so I am changing the space between strings and should finish today up there. Then the rest of the yard is getting laid out. I may have a 6 week project to do from November 6 to about Christmas so I will have no time then. I cover all my yard elements in black plastic so no one knows what I have except for arches and mini trees.
Terry

Yes, in your neighborhood you are probably "that guy". As I'm sure allot of us are.

Here on the forums though your just as "normal" as the rest of us. : )

Paul Roberson wrote:

Yes, in your neighborhood you are probably "that guy". As I'm sure allot of us are.

Here on the forums though your just as "normal" as the rest of us. : )

We are all "that guy/girl"

Dang,
got people north and south of me, already putting up their lights. I suppose waiting till 1st of Nov. I might be the last guy putting up lights. You all got me itching to start today with the roof outline. Got all of them new C9 LED strings and shingle clips to put together also. And then the icicles to hang too. and snowflakes from Val that I will need to install the rope lights to.

Dang, I best get off of the computer and get going. Dont want to be last. :)

Roofs done started hanging icycles last night but then when it got dark I moved to the fence lights. Sooo much to do Sooo little time...

I got my orange eave lights, Rainbow Floods, and lighted pumpkins that sing "Monster Mash." I am definitely "that guy."

Hopefully, it will be dry enough this weekend to climb on the roof and replace the section of white LEDs that have been up there for 2 years and stopped working. The forecast says: "60% chance of showers", but you can never trust the forecast in our area.