Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT-2 question

Guest guest

I'll be running SPT-2 from my controller boxes to the lights. 80 Channels total. Wanted to mount my controller boxes on the porch and run SPT-2 to the lights. Maximum run is about 40 feet. Is this too long for SPT-2.

Hope not.:shock:

Thanks for your help!

I bought 6 100' SPT2 18 gauge cords from Animated Lighting. On the package it says "This Cord Set Is Rated for 10 amp max". Seems a little high to me for a 100' run of 18 gauge. I probably won't put a very high load on this stuff anyways, each run will probably only be fore a few hundred minis =)

Dan

Any suggestions as to the best place to get 1000 feet or two of SPT2? I think I would prefer to get a 16 Gauge as opposed to a 18.

Most of my runs will be 50 to 75 feet although some might be 100 feet. So I dunno if it should be 16 as opposed to 18 or not?? I am worried about the drop over a long run. I'm not planning on "loading up" the run but I guess if I can get 16 for not much more money, I would rather just invest in the heavier wire up front.

Any input would be appreciated.

I bought a 500' spool of SPT2 from Action Lighting and enough vampire plugs to make the cords I needed. Sitting here one night reading how many feet of extension cords people use got me thinking. I went outside and stepped off from where my controllers will be to the mega tree, to the mini trees and then back to the house for the roof lights. Few calculations later said I needed 850'. Hmmm, had to order another 500' roll. Geesh, does it ever end? :laughing:

James

bkdraft wrote:

I bought a 500' spool of SPT2 from Action Lighting and enough vampire plugs to make the cords I needed. Sitting here one night reading how many feet of extension cords people use got me thinking. I went outside and stepped off from where my controllers will be to the mega tree, to the mini trees and then back to the house for the roof lights. Few calculations later said I needed 850'. Hmmm, had to order another 500' roll. Geesh, does it ever end? :laughing:

James

I bought 2500' from Action and I am hoping that is enough.

I jumped on the deal from Skycraft surplus and ordered close to 8,000 ft of SPT-2 this year! Once you start using SPT you can never have enough on hand. Now I need to order some SPT-1 for a project that I will end up having bundles of wiring.

Jeff

Skycraft is cool I live near it, They don't put everything they have on the internet, so you could also try calling them to see if they have the cable you want? they have Lots...

Robogeek.

-------------------------------------------
-Black Holes are where God devided by zero.
-Alcohol and Calculus don't mix, never Drink and Derive!
-If you can read this... Thank a Teacher.