Light-O-Rama Forums

My Singing Pumpkin

ledfreak1988

Just put together my frame for my pumpkin face. Its 8' 6" tall and 10' wide. Will update when I get the rope light on for the face. My LOR should be here sometime this week hopefully so i can get sequencing for halloween, its coming fast!

PA060589.jpg

PA060588.jpg
PA060587.jpg

Attached files 214140=11929-PA060587.JPG

ledfreak1988 wrote:

My LOR should be here sometime this week hopefully so i can get sequencing for Halloween, its coming fast

That's going to look nice!!!!

And I think I am behind with my sequencing for Christmas and I have 7 weeks to go!!! LOL

R Weiland wrote:

Great job! The frame looks well built and sturdy. What size of conduit did you use?

I used all 1/2 conduit with 90 degree elbows and two elbows screwed together back to back for the crosses in the middle sections, it worked out very well as I had hoped, I am putting on the rope light tonight. Hopefully that goes well too.

Just got in from making the face, it went very well. I was very meticulous and made sure the mouth and eyes are centered. Only bad thing is that one of the bulbs on the smile burnt out! But for now I am going to leave it. Ill post some pictures tomorrow.

jimswinder wrote:

And I think I am behind with my sequencing for Christmas and I have 7 weeks to go!!! LOL

You are not the only one. I havent started for christmas yet. I plan on using most from last year but change it up with all the new stuff. Also if I got time to add about 4 new songs. trying to get a week off from work to sequence. That might help me catch up.

• 3 weeks later...

Already in action for two weeks now, just waiting for a nice night to take some videos, its been so damn windy around here! Also just got my mini director today and hooked it up tonight with my whole house transmitter. Both those little things work great!!! Excellent buys.

PA260615.jpg

I have the FM transmitter, but I didn't look at that Mini-Director closely. Good idea. My wife is tired of the CAT5 out the window already. I was a little rushed. It is amazing how hard it can be to get these things together and working when you have to squeeze it in around everything.

Yeah I ran mine downstairs to a mini hp laptop i got at walmart for 300 bucks to control the show, so it didnt tie up my main laptop my wife and I use. But now I have this so I can use the mini for whatever now. I got my lor in the beginning of october and rushed to get it going. So far it has gone good and running four sequences. Minus the mistake of me forgetting to solder one of the microprocessors on the circuit board and sitting on tech support for three hours! Haha

• 4 weeks later...

I love how you built your frame for your face!

I am wanting to build up a couple of frames for next Halloween.

You stated it was 8.6 x 10 and you used 90 degree elbows. What is the inner conduit size?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for resurecting this from the past but I am looking at building one and I love your design, though I am curious what you used for the T's. Hard to tell from the pictures.

yup thats exactly what i used, then screwed them together back to back with 10-32 4inch long bolts and then dremeled off the excess inside the holes where the conduit goes in.

• 2 months later...