Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut and Paste

thevikester

When I'm trying to copy a sequence, with Contol C...I'm highlighting the sequence, holding the left mouse key, and going to the right, at the end of the song, I release the left mouse key so I can hit Control C, but when I release the left mouse key, the cells that I had just put a box around, go blank, so I have to shut down the existing sequence, without saving so its not screwed up, and then start all over. Is this a bug or am I totally doing something wrong, I cut and paste all day long at work so I'm a little weary with this not working.

I'm trying to configure some other peoples sequences into my channel configuration, by using their mega tree where I use mine, etc...any help with this would be appreciated. The Timings are identical, but I don't even get to that point to see if it will work.

the only time I have that problem is when I forget to hit the select icon and I am still in "off" mode and I do that a lot but the undo icon puts me right back where I started.

thevikester wrote:

When I'm trying to copy a sequence, with Contol C...I'm highlighting the sequence, holding the left mouse key, and going to the right, at the end of the song, I release the left mouse key so I can hit Control C,

If you are copying the beginning all the way to end of a certain a channel or channels, have you tried to highlight the first cell or cells and then hit shift end? That will select that channel or channels from start to finish without using the left mouse key held and dragging. Then do control c. This method will also work from where ever you select the cell, beginning, middle or whatever. Hope that makes sense.

I have not tried shift - end, I will give that a shot tonite. I also found out that if I didn't go all the way to the end, but one cell shy of the end, that worked as well. But that left mouse key is a time suck...shift -end it is...thanks for the help!

Make sure before you do any cut and paste that you are in the "Select" mode with the cursor. "Select" is the arrow on the icon menu, right of "play again" left of "Toggle"

I stay in that mode at all times and use the hot keys to do all the other editing I need.

zman wrote:

Make sure before you do any cut and paste that you are in the "Select" mode with the cursor. "Select" is the arrow on the icon menu, right of "play again" left of "Toggle"

I stay in that mode at all times and use the hot keys to do all the other editing I need.

That one i'm up on! Thanks for the tip