Light-O-Rama Forums

hotkeys for LOR

toymakr000

I know this has been brought up before but not in the way I'd like to see it. At least I haven't found it yet...
Is there any hot keys built in so I can hit control and a letter to select channel ON in a cell or group of cells? the same for off oar any other of the built in functions of LOR?

No control first but, n on,u fade up, d fade down, t twinkle, s shimmer, delte key for off, I for intensity

• 1 month later...

I have struggled with the new key mappings. I have noticed a few people drop hints about the ability to set your own keyboard commands. I found a utility that has helped do this wonderfully. It is designed as a keyboard macro utility, but I have tested in with LOR 2.8.12 under Windows 7, and it allows me to swap the keys however I want. When I want them back to normal, you just end the running script, or scripts.

It is free at http://www.autohotkey.com.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot! I really don't like their choice of OFF as Delete...I have my right hand on the mouse and the left hand on the keyboard when I sequence, and having to move all the way (Yes, I know it's far!) to Delete doesn't save me as much time as I would like!

lkcubsrule wrote:

Thanks a lot! I really don't like their choice of OFF as Delete...I have my right hand on the mouse and the left hand on the keyboard when I sequence, and having to move all the way (Yes, I know it's far!) to Delete doesn't save me as much time as I would like!

I agree, I liked the off key when it was "F".

jeffl wrote:

What is "Fill"?

It's a tool that lets you make smooth fades from one intensity to another. For example, if you've got:
  • A fade down from 100% to 7%, followed by...
  • "Off", followed by...
  • A set intensity at 37%

Then applying the Fill tool to the "Off" will turn it into a fade up from 7% to 37%.

It also can be used to fill colors on RGB channels, similarly.

Details on it can be found on the following help file page:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?the_tools_menu.htm