Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Wiped Clean

nmonkman

Never had this happen before.

I spent the better part of today working on a sequence for a customer. I had saved it periodically throughout the day.

I wanted to copy and paste from another sequence so I opened that one up, but it was not the one I wanted. I went to close it and open the other and then I got a message that LOR stopped working and needed to shut down.

No biggie, right? WRONG!

When I opened it back up everything was gone. 7 hours of work just gone. I tried to use the .bak file and it was empty as well. The channel config was there but no sequecning at all.

Anyone else experience this before?

nmonkman wrote:

Never had this happen before.

I spent the better part of today working on a sequence for a customer. I had saved it periodically throughout the day.

I wanted to copy and paste from another sequence so I opened that one up, but it was not the one I wanted. I went to close it and open the other and then I got a message that LOR stopped working and needed to shut down.

No biggie, right? WRONG!

When I opened it back up everything was gone. 7 hours of work just gone. I tried to use the .bak file and it was empty as well. The channel config was there but no sequecning at all.

Anyone else experience this before?

I have never heard of a sequence being lost and the .bak file should always have the previous save in it.

It sounds like you had the lost sequence open when this happend and you were not saving it so it is very strange that it could be damaged beyond the work done since the last save.

I know you would have double checked everything but are you sure you are opening the correct file?

Dan

Dan,

I am not sure at this point what happened. I remember that my wife was calling me for dinner and I said, "Let me save this just in case".

I am not saying the sequence editor screwed up, but it is pretty strange. Maybe I just "think" I clicked saved.

I just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else. I do know that I was into my second day of working on it. When I opened it that morning, what I had worked on was still there so I should not have lost all of it.

Perhaps if I was at fault, an auto save feature would be nice for power failures or whatever for version 2.9

one thing I often checkwhen going back is the last time the file was modified in the file folder to see if it's when I think it should be from.