Light-O-Rama Forums

Help updating to 2.8.12

steve synek

Can anyone help. I am trying to update to 2.8.12. This is my first update for this year. I keep getting the error " Error: Path/File access error On step: Install Demos ". This appears each time I attempt to open the sequence editor ( after the installation is complete and the Program tells me it has all the information needed to update my install.) I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my laptop.
I first ran the install and got the error message. Than I deleted LOR and restarted the computer. Ran the install and got the same message again.

Any suggestions?
I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Steve

I am sure somebody will provide more insight than this, but will post a common solution mentioned here. Make sure you re-download the installation file when you try re-installing after a reboot (ie. don't just try reinstalling the same file). Kinda sounds like an incomplete download to me. Easy enough to try either way.

Thanks for the response..........but I don't think that's the answer...........I have tried this a bunch of times. I down loaded the file to my desk top and tried that. I down loaded the file to my documents and that didn't work. I tried to just run the update without downloading it and that didn't work. Same error code each time. And I did do numerious reboots and deleting of old program files.

I just updated my desk top computer and had no troubles. I am going to connect my laptop to the internet by cat5 cable and see if that works.

Next option will be a phone call to LOR monday.

It's probably a simple fix.........

Steve

Ok.............I have a request out to LOR for help. On my own, I got the update to load. I don't know why it worked but I changed the default folder for saving work to my desktop and that worked. Now I need to figure out how to change it back to a LOR folder for saving my work. I have 3 new folders on my desktop- "clipboards, sequences and visualizations". For now, I'm real happy to begin figuring out the new programing for CCR's.

Steve