Light-O-Rama Forums

1-8 won't powewr up

sthobe

How you reset depends on the model of the controller. Also, was this a card assembled, fully assembled, or solder together card?

For the reset, remove power

If it has dials, note their position, then set them to 0 & 0.

If it has jumpers, note where they are (should only be on the 2nd row of pins) and pull the jumpers.

Power on the unit. You should go to a fast blink status light.

Remove power.

Set the dials or jumpers back like they were.

Apply power and test.

sthobe,

Aint nothing going to get people upset with you faster than you posting the same question in about a dozen different places. You have an active thread going on in the hardware section with the same question as here. I think you did this the other day with a different question and Dan killed one of them.

Post in one place and stop bouncing around to different sections or creating a 2nd thread with the same stuff in the same section.

Just calm down. You are going to get help. But just calm down some and focus..

sthobe wrote:

tried removing the jumper and still no light on the led but there is when 9-16 plugged in

The LED is the controller logic being powered up. It is powered by the right side (9-16) If you only have the 1-8 side plugged in, it will not light as it would not be receiving power.

If you have both sides plugged in at once, everything should work normally.

sthobe wrote:

i work 72 hours a week and don't have alot of spare time to fix problems so I need to get info as fast as possible sorry if this upsets you

I believe most of the people who answer questions here don't go into the individual forums unless they are actually looking for something. At the top listing of forums, they look for the "recent" button, which gives them a listing of all recent posts, with the one most recently replied first, and sorted by that order, with no attention to what forum they were in.
So there are several things that can be annoying about the same question posted multiple places:

1) Seeing two identical postings, with multiple responses, and having to read it all out of sequence, and figure out which thread to reply to is a headache.

2) Or, if they only initially notice one, respond to it, then see another version of the question in a separate thread that had more posts, and/or more information some of the following may apply: Your issue was already resolved. You already answered the question we just asked, and had not yet read your answer, because it was in the other thread. You provided other information that took things in a different direction.

And on top of that, it pushes other equally worthy questions further down the list..

Just saying that it is both bad form, and may actually interfere with getting the answer or solution you are looking for as fast as you might otherwise get it.

And, if you did not see it above, remember that channels 1-8 will not work if there is no power to 9-16, because the logic for the cards is powered off of 9-16.

sthobe wrote:

i work 72 hours a week and don't have alot of spare time to fix problems so I need to get info as fast as possible sorry if this upsets you

It upsets a lot of people. It is sort of like when someone sends us an email and they send it to kits@lightxrama.com, orders@lightxrama.com, support@lightxrama.com, info@lightxrama.com... Causes us to waste time as different people get involved simutaniously....

As mentioned but some other people both sides have to be plugged in at the same time to get things to work. Also check that he power power receptical is working.

About 90% of the time this is a blown fuse, about 5% it is blown circuit breaker on the 1-8 side about 3% of the time both power cords are not plugged in at the same time .... We have never seen a hardware problem (other than fuse) be the problem.

Dan