Light-O-Rama Forums

Application Error Playing Sequences

Lino

I upgraded to 2.5.2 back in June. I've been updating and creating sequences without a problem. I last worked on my sequences without problems in early August. For last 3 weeks, I keep getting an "Applicaiton Error: Unable to read memory" playing any of my sequences. This occurs regardless if I have the controller attached or not. The only thing that I can think of, other than regular Windows updates, is the installing the Samsung's FM Live Update. I tried to uninstall it but doesn not complete successfully. I tried re-installing/uninstalling the Samsung software but I get the same problem. I tried an earlier restore point prior to installing the FM Live Update but Windows was unable to revert back. I upgraded to S2.8.12 but that didn't help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You say that when you try to play a sequence you get the error.

So when exactly do you get the error, when you open the sequence in the sequence editor or when you click the PLAY button in the sequence editor?

Dan

I wanted to post the resolution to my problem for future reference.... What I didn't check was updates that were applied to my PC. I noticed that Windows Media Player 10.0 got a security update right around the time my problem started. I couldn't remove the update without affecting other components so I updated to Windows Media Player 11.0. That solved my problem. (I also thank Dan for putting up with my rambling emails).