Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2010

Bob Wingert

All I have to say is WOW! Been setting up for a week now and last night I FINALLY got to turn them ON with Music! I can see how and why you guys are hooked. I sat in my driveway and watched 25 songs play for hours!! For me, not a technical guy I was shocked that everything worked as planned! Looking @ a visualizer is nothing compared to the real deal. Neighbors that walked by were so impressed with the detail and timings I had down. They said it never skipped a beat! This wouldn't of been possible without all the help I received here.

How many of you that did your 1st ever show didn't sleep that night?? I played everysong in my head all night long as I tossed and turned. Got right back up this morning looking for things to add. I'm thinking now a 2nd mortgage may not be a bad idea :)

Christmas will be AMAZING! I've got 45 songs and If they look 1/2 as good as the Halloween one's, our home will be the talk of the town :)

I was def the same way! I couldn't sleep the first night or the second night.. A week later I'm still staying up till 3am watching the shows lol. Glad I'm not the only one obsessed!

Pictures and videos never do them justice!

Glad to hear there are others that stand out side and watch their displays over and over again.

And again

And again!

I don't sleep much before the first live show. I worry too much about something going wrong. Already had kids wondering when I going start the show. They asked yesterday morning and I told them probably next weekend as I still had a lot of wiring to do. They were asking again in the afternoon. I asked them why are they in such a hurry because Halloween is a few weeks away and they said they want to DANCE! They actually went and made a poster that said "I love Halloween" and went up and down the street yelling it out.

I still remember when Halloween was all about CANDY!!!!

pokrplr wrote:

I sat in my driveway and watched 25 songs play for hours!!

Christmas will be AMAZING! I've got 45 songs

Holy Cow Batman!!! This is your first year and you managed to complete 70 sequences in one year on top of planning out and implementing your display?

I have double the number of channels as you but even if I doubled the number of sequences I have completed to account for that, I would still only have 20 and that is just for Christmas. Now I feel like I have been slacking off too much.

ryebred wrote:

pokrplr wrote:
Holy Cow Batman!!! This is your first year and you managed to complete 70 sequences in one year on top of planning out and implementing your display?

I have double the number of channels as you but even if I doubled the number of sequences I have completed to account for that, I would still only have 20 and that is just for Christmas. Now I feel like I have been slacking off too much.

Oh you betcha! I've been hard at it since Jan 3rd (when my static display came down) ... I'm fortunate that I have a job that allows me to work on the sequences and um wrapping mini's and arches :P