Light-O-Rama Forums

OPINIONS: Newbie Musical Sequence

Guest guest

This is my first year using LOR and I've completed sequencing some of my favorite Christmas tunes. But now I would like to get the opinion from the experts on how well (or bad) my sequence looks. The link below is a video of my animation of Carol of the Bells by Mannheim Steamroller.

I have incorporated 1 mega tree, 16 mini-trees, lawn nets, strobes, icicle strands and various bush lights using multi, white and blue lights and some red C9 border lights for a total of 56 channels. Thank you for the feedback.

Click on the link to see the video:

http://www.dhall.us/lorcbells.wmv

I am a newbie to LOR, too. Great job. I wasn't in the best mood and I was ready to be critical, but I loved it. :laughing:

My favorite part is with the net lights on the ground. I like how the different colored lights that looked like a smile was moving to the music. (The effects you made with both.)

Great job!

Michael B

Terrific! As people are saying, you will love it when you see it running live. You should be proud, because I think it's better than most first years achieve.

You also asked for objective opinions, so here's mine (hopefully not to harsh): Make better use of your mega tree. It's a shame to go through that whole two minute song with only one spin pattern (not entirely true, but you know what I mean...) So, I'd suggest to mix it up! There are thousands of different patterns you can use on a mega tree. Why not use more of them? :)

contactmike1 wrote:

Terrific! As people are saying, you will love it when you see it running live. You should be proud, because I think it's better than most first years achieve.

You also asked for objective opinions, so here's mine (hopefully not to harsh): Make better use of your mega tree. It's a shame to go through that whole two minute song with only one spin pattern (not entirely true, but you know what I mean...) So, I'd suggest to mix it up! There are thousands of different patterns you can use on a mega tree. Why not use more of them? :)

I agree on the mega tree part - but wow wow wow!!! That is really cool - well done sir.

Great, and I thought I only had to worry about the veterans out there. Now you have really set the bar. :)

That is a really nice display. But I think I echo the mega-tree design and use.

I only wish my budget were a bit larger...but then I'd need more time...and wish for more channels....needing more budget... ARRGH! It's a viscious cycle.

rns