Light-O-Rama Forums

Triggering LOR sequences on demand ?

Randy R

This is my first season using the LOR system.

I plan to use my LOR system (v2.8.8 Advanced) along with a professional laser control system (Pangolin QM2000 controller). For my particular application, the Pangolin system needs to act as the master controller for the entire display.

In addition to the ILDA signals for the laser projector, the Pangolin system can generate both DMX and MIDI control cues for triggering external components or software.

If the LOR software is running on a separate computer, is there any way to configure the LOR system to accept MIDI or DMX inputs to trigger different shows or sequences on demand?

In lieu of that -

Can the DIO board be used with the LOR software to trigger sequences on demand, based on external triggers?

Thanks in advance!

cmoore60 wrote:

If you are using a computer to run your LOR show then you can use the inputs on the LOR controller. The inputs are read by the software, and can trigger sequences to play.

Chuck

Got it - thanks for pointing that out to me!

(Guess I need to spend a little more time with the LOR software HELP system!!:))

I don't have any of my LOR hardware (1600w plus USB and iDMX interfaces) with me right now (just the software), so here are my follow up questions:

It looks like the Interactive capability of the Show Editor could provide what I need. If I go this route, I could trigger a DMX-controlled relay with the Pangolin laser software, using the relay contacts as the trigger inputs to my LOR controller. If I set up the Interactive group in Show Editor as a Soundboard, each time the relay is triggered, it will in turn trigger the next sequence in the Soundboard Triggered Sequence Editor list...

Correct?

Hmm, I wonder if there has been any thought to making the LOR software "MIDI enabled"? It would be nice to be able to select and play a sequence "on the fly" based on a MIDI input. That would sure open a lot of possibilites for interfacing with other lighting and music-related software packages, and could actually be used - even across a network - without the need for a MIDI hardware interface!