Light-O-Rama Forums

version 2.8.8 issue

csimmon5

csimmon5 wrote:

When I play the full sequence everything is fine, but if I just want to play a section, then the music and the wave form and sequence are not together. Makes it hard to sequence.

also forgot to mention that only does this on certain songs.

figured it out....found another thread that mentioned using audacity to change the mp3 to constant 128kbps and that fixed it.

When I play the full sequence everything is fine, but if I just want to play a section, then the music and the wave form and sequence are not together. Makes it hard to sequence.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Once in Constant Bit Rate there are seldom issues. Please send a copy of that MP3 file to support@lightorama.com so we can take a look. Also you can convert it to a wav file while sequencing.

Dan

how do you know if your MP3 file is constant or not?

Dan C wrote:

how do you know if your MP3 file is constant or not?

Right click on the audio file's name, go to properties, then to details, and it will let you know what the bitrate is.

Another consideration: I spend most of my sequencing time with the play range set for visible screen. I use constant bitrate MP3s. I've found that when using the space bar to start play with the active cell (cursor) somewhere in the middle of the screen, the music and light events don't always match up. But when using the play button, which starts playback from the left edge of the screen, it is just fine. Good luck.

George Simmons wrote:

[snip] Another consideration: I spend most of my sequencing time with the play range set for visible screen. I use constant bitrate MP3s. I've found that when using the space bar to start play with the active cell (cursor) somewhere in the middle of the screen, the music and light events don't always match up. But when using the play button, which starts playback from the left edge of the screen, it is just fine. [snip]

This is the first I have heard of this... If other people are having the issue that George has described here please let us know so we can get some additional detail on this.

Dan

I never gave it much thought. It happens maybe one time out of ten. I don't even know how long it has been occurring - definitely before the 2.8 upgrades. At first I figured it was something to do with my aging PC. Then after I replaced that antique and it still happened I figured it was some transient kind of software glitch related to the computer gods that I haven't got a clue about understanding, so I just blew it off since it wasn't that big a deal. As mentioned, it only happens every now and then. The next time presing the space bar, even from the ame starting point, it won't occur. I don't recall ever seeing it happen when pressing the play button.