Light-O-Rama Forums

Craigslist find!!!! Holy Cr@p!!!!

wglyons

I just found an ad on craigslist for approximately 20,000 mini lights for $100...I went ahead and paid the guy via PayPal (sorry, guys) and went to pick them up...there are at least 2,500 lights still in the original boxes and plastic...mostly clear, but some red and some green. Also some icicle lights, miscellaneous extension cords and some power strips...not sure if there's 20,000, but its gotta be close...

He said all of them should work with the exception of a few...for $100, I'll take that chance, especially with 2500 brand new and a bunch of cords...that's worth $100 right there!!!!

Can I start habging lights now???? Pleeeeeeeease?????

wglyons wrote:

Can I start habging lights now???? Pleeeeeeeease?????

How do you start "habging" lights???

1511766.GIF lol

If that means "giving them away"...send some to me!!!!

Go Gators!!!

wglyons wrote:

Oh, boy...here come the "spelling police"...I meant, "hanging"...the typo is clearly a result of my excitement to share my find!!!

And of course, GO GATORS!!!

I figured that, with that find I was surprised you didn't just type jiberish!

wglyons wrote:

Oh, boy...here come the "spelling police"...I meant, "hanging"...the typo is clearly a result of my excitement to share my find!!!

And of course, GO GATORS!!!

I figured you meant "hanging"...but had to be my smart ass self!! lol

If I still lived in Gainesville I would be giving you some competition with the lights!!

Well, I've been through about 15,500 of them, and the failure rate is only about 10%!!!! I'm hoping to find a Light Keeper Pro tomorrow, and I'm thinking that I'll be able to fix most of the problems, cuz on almost all failed strands, it's only 1/2 of the strand that's out...But, I've seen posts that Home Depot, Lowe's, and Target already have Christmas lights out. Not down here - Home Depot doesn't even have any Halloween stuff, and the WalMart offering of Halloween stuff is VERY minimal. I'm hoping that HobbyLobby has the LKP. I've been to their website, but have be
en unable to locate it...

I've been through three totes so far, with two more to go, so it looks like this will be well OVER 20,000 lights!!! I estimate that last year I had maybe 7,500 lights, so this is gonna be huge!!!!

32 LOR channels and 28,000 lights??? My neighbors are gonna flip!!!

Greg

Guest Don Gillespie

Whoa slow down there I don't beleive you are ready for 20,000 lights keep 10,000 and send the rest to Canada I will test them for you in the snow conditions to make sure they are perfect, and if they are I will surely send them back to you in say Feb LOL

great find can't knock Craigs list now can you

I have had success with hitting yard sales while driving my wife to them. This weekend I am leaving my rural out in the middle of nowhere town and I am going to hit all of the big box stores and buy some lights for a new mega tree display if the prices are right. Other wise it may have to wait till I can get a deal next year.

I can only hope I can find some deals.