Light-O-Rama Forums

Maximum file size?

CraigG

I am trying to sequence a show that runs for just over 20 minutes and the wave file is 208mb. The problem I am having is the constant freezing and crashing while sequencing. The freeze means I have to ctrl-alt-del to close LOR using task manager. Sometimes it also says "Error initializing media player" "Automation error - the object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

I can reproduce this error by using play range - visible screen. If you do a manual stop and start after a few times LOR will lock up. The wave form will not work either.

So I have a few questions -

Q1 - Is there a maximum file size? I plan on using a projector again this year as one long continuous film clip and have been using the soundtrack (wave file) to sequence to. The video file is just under 500mb.

Q2 - What is the longest video clip anyone has sequenced to?

Q3 - what are your machine specs? If anyone has done this with a 500mb file what are your specs.

My sequencing machine is XP Pro SP3, dual core 2.5ghz, 3.5GB ram, 500gb hdd with 300gb free.

Thanks in advance

CraigG

PS if anyone can tell me where to get control software to automate my projector (sony vpl-px21) would also be appreciated. Projector Station software will not automate it.

Craig, I dont remember is there's a max file size, but there is a max time/file and I think it's 20mins.. You're using a .wav? I thot LOR recommended using 128kbps cbr .mp3.. I'd convert a copy to that and see if that fixes the freeze/crash.

Converted the file - did not fix it. Uninstalled LOR, rebooted, re - installed LOR and used converted file - now it seems to be working.

I shall have to test with the video file to make sure that works in a show.

Thanks again.

CraigG