Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2010 Demos!

evandewindt

I know im probably pissing the neighbors off with an early display, but hey if walmart/home depot has decorations in stock its fair game :)

anyways, here is a quick clip from one of the songs in my show. sorry the video quality is so bad, i recorded it with a digital camera and it doesnt show the effect that well...

Hallween Screams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKjfyzG_iFg?fs=1&hl=en_US

Good job... I am putting my Halloween display up next week. three of my neighbors already have their stuff out.

If Wal-Mart has it out you can put it out... that is a good rule of thumb.. which means next week we can start putting out Valentines...lol

I started setting up last night. I agree if walmart(along with Big Lots, K-Mart, Lows, Home Depo, Menards...) then it is a thumbs up for putting things up. (By the way, I was at Big Lots last night, and they had a cool wireframe skull on sale for $10, they only had 1 left, so i took it :P )

Very Nice, gave me some good shivers there. Too bad we're missing the boat on this , this year. Are those just regular floods out front or are they "rainbow Runners"???

-Evan

That means I can start putting out my Christmas display!:cool: I'm seeing more variety in the led Christmas lights this year, also giving better specs about their lights such as dimmable, flicker free. Prices are still up there though. I just finished my signature lighting landscape project. I get to test it out as soon as it gets dark. I will post video as soon as I can.

Agree with all - great job. The color washing is really good. What did you use for them? Also, for the strobe action - did you pre-charge them?

NWSanta wrote:

Very Nice, gave me some good shivers there. Too bad we're missing the boat on this , this year. Are those just regular floods out front or are they "rainbow Runners"???

-Evan

haha thanks. they are just regular floods. didnt have the money to go to fancy :)

jem5136 wrote:

Where did you get the strobes at?

i got them from christmaslightshow.com

i debated between the ones i got and the LEDs...i dont think the LEDs are as bright though...but now im worried its to bright for the neighbors

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

Agree with all - great job. The color washing is really good. What did you use for them? Also, for the strobe action - did you pre-charge them?

thanks guys!

i just used normal flood lights. they are not as bright as i was thinking they would be but maybe next year ill switch to some DMX controlled RGBs ...I have a DMX laser i wanted to use but i dont have the money for a DMX controller this year haha

pre charge the strobes? like turn them on before i need them to actually flash? if thats what you mean, naw i dont pre charge them...they fire almost instantly. The only down fall is after turning them off i still get a few random flashes..but hey it kinda looks like a fade so its all good.

evandewindt wrote:

I know im probably pissing the neighbors off with an early display, but hey if walmart/home depot has decorations in stock its fair game ;)

Nice work! Don't worry about pissing off the neighbors! Your not the only one. Mine went up last Saturday (9/25). My neighbors all know I have issues and are completely OK with it. They've kinda got a taste as my upstairs room lights up every single night with testing. Has been since January. I told them last wknd, ITS ON!!

Started putting mine up on 09/20 and finally finished the last detail on 09/28 before the downpour came and had to cancel the show for tonight because the darn Circuit Breaker kept tripping off, but not the GFCI. So got to investigate and see what is causing the CB to trip, although it never tripped once the other night and the show ran fin in the downpour. So got a mystery to solve why some days it trips when it rains and others it doesn't?!?!?

Got some pre-lim vids of the 98% finished Halloween display, the last thing I laid out were the white LED strings for the cemetery grounds and light the tombstones up, my last 2% of the display.

You can check out my 2010 Halloween videos in another thread here in the Halloween area. But since the cemetery lights weren't in yet, they aren't in these videos.

jem5136 wrote:

I started setting up last night. I agree if walmart(along with Big Lots, K-Mart, Lows, Home Depo, Menards...) then it is a thumbs up for putting things up. (By the way, I was at Big Lots last night, and they had a cool wireframe skull on sale for $10, they only had 1 left, so i took it :D )

Well I paid the full price for mine, I bought two of the Wire Frame Skulls, Wire Frame Bat and Wire Frame BOO, each cost me $15.00, but well worth it to enhance my display. I mounted them all to the wall of my garage since that is what faces outward from our yard. If you check out my thread about my 2010 Halloween Videos, you'll see what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is up and ready to go for the 15th. I ran tests last night and tonight. Next thursday night I will video and put up on the website.