Light-O-Rama Forums

Going Bald Quickly!! Unable to set channel on LOR w/Software

Guest guest

Hey,

I got the LOR controllers!!! Thanks Dan and Mary for taking care of the shipping. Now, I got such a new issue. I plugged my controller in, have the dials set as default S1=0 S2=1 for O1. I go and declared the channels with the hardware software...it tells me: Unable to locate unit to change address. Check connection and power. But thats not an issue because I can go through and run the tests via the Hardware software. I figured it was my one computer. I switched to my laptop, got the same results, switched to another laptop, got same results and switched to a desktop and got the same thing. I am not sure if its the computer, the controller, or my lack of understanding. Also, I want to run a sequence from the animation editor and I have no clue to do that, I have tried and got nothing.

Thanks,

Craig

Ok I am a newbie also, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you set the dials on the controller, you do NOT have to set them in the software with the hardware setup. Since you said you can control the lights with the Hardware utility, thats all you need to do at this point. You cannot run an animation through the controller from the animation editor.

Hope this helps and I hope I gave you the correct info.

James

MontanaChristmas wrote:

Unable to locate unit to change address. Also, I want to run a sequence from the animation editor and I have no clue to do that, I have tried and got nothing.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig,

You have a couple issues that could save time if talking about it over the phone. Call me if you want. I'll PM you my phone number.

Tom

MontanaChristmas wrote:

Hey,

I got the LOR controllers!!! Thanks Dan and Mary for taking care of the shipping. Now, I got such a new issue. I plugged my controller in, have the dials set as default S1=0 S2=1 for O1. I go and declared the channels with the hardware software...it tells me: Unable to locate unit to change address. Check connection and power. But thats not an issue because I can go through and run the tests via the Hardware software. I figured it was my one computer. I switched to my laptop, got the same results, switched to another laptop, got same results and switched to a desktop and got the same thing. I am not sure if its the computer, the controller, or my lack of understanding. Also, I want to run a sequence from the animation editor and I have no clue to do that, I have tried and got nothing.

Thanks,

Craig

You state what controllers you have. We can assume they are newer models, possibly a 16CTB-D?

Going with that controller, there is no need to set the controller address in SOFTWARE. Setting the address of the controller is done at the HARDWARE level only. (Which means you don't need a computer to set the address, at *all.*)

Animation Editor = Animation View? If so, you have to manually draw in the objects on the animation view. Otherwise, there is no animation for the software to show you.

Howdy,

I would like to thank all of those who have came to my rescue. About an hour after I figured it out, I do not have to set the channels with the hardware software. They are set on the controllers. (No wonder I'm in college for computer engineering and not software engineering..lol).
My next issue is, can you run a light show from the sequence editors, to preview your work? The only way I found to do that is, I must save it, pick it up with the show editor, save it as a show, than import it to the scheduler to see it. Is there a simpler way? I know there is the option under play, there is an option, which is called control lights. I thought that would control the lights when I hit play.
Thats where I am stumped at.

Yeah, the controllers are the new model ones.

Thanks again,

Craig