Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware util max unit

ItsMeBobO

Changing my unit numbers on my new CCRs today. Love them in almost every way...

They arrive set to unit 1. So to speed things up I set the max unit to the lowest which is 5. The refresh scan to find the attached unit runs much faster this way.

However...(you knew the however was coming. )
Now I want to change the unit number to 25. Both of the pulldowns with unit number options only go up to the current max setting which is 5. So the max unit must changed again to set up to the number I want to assign. Then down again to 5 for the next refresh scan for the next CCR controller.

Can the new assignment options include controllers above the max setting?

If you are chaning unit IDs then you really do not need to do any refresh commands.

Also when you start the hardware utlity in a lot of cases you can just type in the Unit ID number in the box next to the refresh number rather than doing the refresh to get the list.

Dan

Awesome! Yes that worked Dan ! Thanks for the fast response.

But now I want to configure them to set unit id mode, channel mode .

Even tho the unit Id is what I want now.. HW is not aware that the controller is there to configure it so I still have to scan.. but now at the higher number. Is there a faster way?

Unfortunatly to do the configuration you do need to have to do the refresh BUT you an probably get away with doing only once. The Idea here is to configure one of the CCRs then when you plug the next one in, Change its Unit ID to the Unit ID of the CCR that you just configured, configure it, then chang the Unit ID back. This will take only a few clicks per CCR.

---------------

Connect one CCR (I will make believe the unit ID is 25). Do a refresh and configure that CCR correctly. Keep the Hardware Utility Screen on the CCR config page.

Connect another CCR (make sure only one controller is connected to the PC)... I will make believe the Unit ID of this CCR is 26...

On the lower left of the screen in the Hardware Utility is the Change Existing ID area. Set the Old Unit ID to "Any Unit" and set the New Unit ID to 25 (which was the ID of the CCR that we first configured and is the Unit ID tha shows in the refresh window).

Click The Change Unit ID button, As soon as the unit ID changes, Click the "Update Unit" button of the Cosmic Color Ribbon Config Screen.

Then Set the New Unit ID to 26 and change the Unit ID back to 26...

---- Now plug in CCR 27 and change its unit ID to 25, configure, change unit ID back to 27, ...

Dan

wow thanks for the tip. Never used the any before.
All my configs with this season are done now. But I will remember this for next time.

Now I am off to do my first cut on a CCR. gulp.