Light-O-Rama Forums

Possible bug with multiple same labels not deleting in Channel Property

Ed P

I think I stumbled on a bug that I'm not sure has been reported. I'm still trying to get my configuration file / layout set-up for Christmas.

I inserted a CCR unit Id 15 at bottom of my sequence with 50 RGB channels.

Then realized it would be better to insert it after my current RGB converted channel for RGB channel #1 unit 15.

Inserted another CCR device unit 15 after my first converted RGB for unit 15.

Now I try to use the property grid to delete the bottom defined 50 CCR channels for unit 15 but it does not delete them. Is this because they are defined with same name as others above it in sequence? (It did delete the control channels, which had different names and which I deleted in above part with the channel button label delete, no dupes.) The channel properties confirmation comes up "Are you sure" removing CCD 15 p49 and I say Yes but then does not do anything.

Seems like channel property grid should be able to delete these channels with the red X since I position the channel property grid to the ones I want delete.

I will avoid doing this again since I now know what I want to do is insert of new CCR device into my existing structure. And won't have 2 with same names again.

I can delete them using the channel labels button delete and that is what I did to remove them.

I don't think having the same name or not is what's affecting it. Rather, you can't delete a channel that's in use by an RGB channel. The Channel Property Grid doesn't show RGB channels, it only shows channels, so it will show you the channels that make up an RGB channel, but won't let you delete them.

You can delete the RGB channel itself, which would delete its channels too (assuming they're not also elsewhere in the sequence) but not from the Channel Property Grid, since it isn't shown there.

bob wrote:

You can delete the RGB channel itself, which would delete its channels too (assuming they're not also elsewhere in the sequence) but not from the Channel Property Grid, since it isn't shown there.

Well, then if you accidently add a bunch of RGB channels then there seems to be no easy way to delete them.

I think I might need to submit that to wishlist.

I usually use the Channel property grid to quickly delete lots of channels but there is no easy way to do this, if I understand your answer.

Deleting the 50 channels one by one took a few minutes, yuck.

Ed P wrote:

bob wrote:

Well, then if you accidently add a bunch of RGB channels then there seems to be no easy way to delete them.

I think I might need to submit that to wishlist.

I usually use the Channel property grid to quickly delete lots of channels but there is no easy way to do this, if I understand your answer.

Deleting the 50 channels one by one took a few minutes, yuck.

One thing to remember is that the UNDO will undo the add of channels... However if you decide some time later that it was a mistake then UNDO is not necessarly an option.

We will be enhancing channel handling in the near future so that manipulation of groups of channels will be easier.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

We will be enhancing channel handling in the near future so that manipulation of groups of channels will be easier.

Dan

Great to hear! Thanks for all the hard work on SE. This year has been a lot more fun to program with all the new tools.
In another post (hijack!) I recall something about new a feature in the animation window to draw a CCR easier. Can't wait!

Last year, SE upgrades ended in October. I hope these can make it in this year before you have to cut off.