Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for the dripping icicle's

Bob Wingert

Found this @ Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gemmy-LED-Shooting-Star-Icicle-Multicolor-Lights-10ct-10.5-Length/14825927

Anyone had any luck, success, horror stories about this product. I would need 3 strands to outline my gutters. They look pretty cool if you watch the video.

Gemmy LED shooting Star - I'm doing the white instead but they didn't have a picture so thats why I linked it to the multi, its the same product though.

i was just at home depot the other day and noticed they have the white and multi colored ones in stock already and i think they might be a little longer for the same price.

last year i bought a bunch at sams club on clearence they where all clear and was around $15

you might check their

btw they are awsome i used them for a valentines project and plan on using them for christmas

evandewindt wrote:

i was just at home depot the other day and noticed they have the white and multi colored ones in stock already and i think they might be a little longer for the same price.

Geez! We don't even have Halloween set up @ our HD's...Since I ordered these from Walmart if I don't like, will simply return. I did see Lowe's had something similiar but wayyy more expensive. $34/box

LORisAwesome wrote:

CDI has some nice ones, I'm not sure of the price though.

I believe they were $6 each for C7/C9 bulbs. After seeing them at Menards, I wish I'd have waited and bought them there. The ones from CDI are pretty slow moving. I like the speed of the store models much better.

jjdurrant wrote:

I also like the Gemmy ones at menards.. problem is I need 80 feet (8 boxes). $35 a box is hard pill to swallow.

Thats gonna be chump change once you get full blown into this thing :D

I base how I spend my money now on; "well thats a sting of lights" .... I don't really need new socks :shock: ;)

pokrplr wrote:

jjdurrant wrote:
I also like the Gemmy ones at menards.. problem is I need 80 feet (8 boxes). $35 a box is hard pill to swallow.

Thats gonna be chump change once you get full blown into this thing :D

I base how I spend my money now on; "well thats a sting of lights" .... I don't really need new socks :shock: ;)

LMAO! I hear ya... stop it now or I might take the plunge :)

pokrplr wrote:

I base how I spend my money now on; "well thats a sting of lights" ....

And I compare everything to the cost of another controller...

I just bought 6 more boxes of the $35 one at Lowes. We bought 9 boxes last year for the display. everyone love the way they looked. we also bought 3600 mire lights for the 4 arches we are going to build this weekend after we set up the Halloween display.

Rob

Just a little heads up... I stopped by Home Depot during lunch to pick up a couple boxes of these but ended up passing. I plugged in two different boxes and the icicles all "dripped" at the same rate for at least the first minute(I stopped after a minute since I'd only be lighting them up for less than that time).

Yes they are great people. I have 10 sets of Red, Green and the Blue, thirty total.

Hummmmm I'll plug mine in and see what they do.

Well, I got them @ Wal-Mart. $25, 10 icicle's, 60 led bulbs. Plugged 1 set up and strung them out, very nice indeed!! Going to be a great addition wrapped around my porch.

pokrplr wrote:

Well, I got them @ Wal-Mart. $25, 10 icicle's, 60 led bulbs. Plugged 1 set up and strung them out, very nice indeed!! Going to be a great addition wrapped around my porch.

Nice.. I am going to give the Menard's ones a shot.. made by Kurt Adler

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/43149-Kurd-Adler-Snowflake-LEDs?daysprune=75

James Shelby wrote:

Yes they are great people. I have 10 sets of Red, Green and the Blue, thirty total.

Hummmmm I'll plug mine in and see what they do.

Went to the site...don't see the drip LED icecycles anywhere< am I missing them somehow...well, apparently I am! :?