Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Treee

sparky22

Hello, this is my first year using Light O Rama
And am wondring how just an 8 channel mega tree would look?
I will be using multi - color lights.

And what is the best way to build a 8 channel tree?

Thank You
Brad

each channel is 3 strings of lights for a total of 2400 lights in the 8 channels. The tree is 10' tall so each set is ran down the tree twice with about 7 1/2 inches space at the bottom of each. Full string is 23 feet six inches of lights. If you are only using 8 total strings it will be pretty sparsely populated I would think.

Terry Hurrle wrote:

each channel is 3 strings of lights for a total of 2400 lights in the 8 channels. The tree is 10' tall so each set is ran down the tree twice with about 7 1/2 inches space at the bottom of each. Full string is 23 feet six inches of lights. If you are only using 8 total strings it will be pretty sparsely populated I would think.

A question I have always had is how do you attached the lights at the bottom of the tree?

I have an 8 channel tree and it turned out way better than I thought it would. I have 32 strings of lights on it (2 up, 2 down) per channel. Here's a video to put it into perspective:

My website is down, so I don't have any pictures. But look at the video for an idea.

Nice job.

I was only going to do 8 strings of lights.
And was only going to be 8ft tail and the base 4ft .

But maybe I will do it like you did it. will have to get 8 more strings of lights.

Thanks For The Info.
Brad

lkcubsrule wrote:

I have an 8 channel tree and it turned out way better than I thought it would. I have 32 strings of lights on it (2 up, 2 down) per channel. Here's a video to put it into perspective:

http://vimeo.com/10299303

My website is down, so I don't have any pictures. But look at the video for an idea.

Nice job.

I was only going to do 8 strings of lights.
And was only going to be 8ft tail and the base 4ft .

But maybe I will do it like you did it. will have to get 8 more strings of lights.

Thanks For The Info.
Brad