Light-O-Rama Forums

ServoDog

mano

Hello

Im having problems as i use LOR version 2.8.8 sequencer to program my servos with a ServoDog. When a channel is not on the servo will pull all the way to one side at full speed and what's happening as i go back and forth to get my sequence right its causing havoc on my servo gears and my linkages. I am working on a Halloween project right now and my skulls turn their heads all the way to one side and there mouths are wide open when the sequence ends or channels are off. I read some others have had the same issues and I know it is the all_off command that you can deselect in the show player but I was wondering if there will be an update so it can be selectable in the sequencer or some other work around.

Thanks

Mano

We are currently testing a version of the Sequence Editor that has an option to not send the all-off commands when the sequence stops. This is an option on the play menu. In addition there is a new button that will appear (if the "do not send off") is selected which can be used to turn the lights off manually.

It should be release in less than a week.

Dan

Oh wow, that is great. Now the kids won't scream bloody murder when Frosty finishes a song and his head snaps 180 degrees to the back. haha!!

Ponddude wrote:

Oh wow, that is great. Now the kids won't scream bloody murder when Frosty finishes a song and his head snaps 180 degrees to the back. haha!!

Just to make sure people understand. Currently when you are creating a show, if you have servos, you will want to un-check the "Turn used lights off at the end of each Sequence"... This will prevent Exorcistic Frosty between songs.

The change in the Sequence Editor will prevent issues when constantly starting/stopping the sequence.

Dan

Update on this change to keep outputs at at the current command when you stop in the sequence editor:

We were waiting for the guy who does the command buttons to make a new button that we needed for this release. (we are not artists)... He was a little slower than usual but we got three samples so we told him which one we want.

All that remains to do is to incorporate that button in the code and update the help file to show that new button. It should be released soon.

Dan

Jeff Millard wrote:

A million thank yous!!!!

Jeff

Dan - you know that from a guy who has his tongue stuck to a flag pole - saying Thank you is real hard for Jeff - so you know he really means it! -- And I and many others do too! Tanks A Bunch.... Shows your product support is AAA+++

Lowell

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote: This will prevent Exorcistic Frosty between songs.

Dan

I just spit coffee all over the test equipment I'm using at work.

Jeff

Glad I'm not the only one who did that when they read "exorcistic frosty" for the first time...my desk is now a mess...:]

LightORamaDan wrote:

We were waiting for the guy who does the command buttons to make a new button that we needed for this release. (we are not artists)...

Dan

Heck, Dan, all that would of been needed, is put a red x anywhere on the screen, and I am sure jeff and others would still be happier than pig in....:P

Nice job on the new release.

cenote wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
We were waiting for the guy who does the command buttons to make a new button that we needed for this release. (we are not artists)...

Dan

Heck, Dan, all that would of been needed, is put a red x anywhere on the screen, and I am sure jeff and others would still be happier than pig in....:)

Nice job on the new release.

The new release was mostly minor fixes, most of which few people would ever encounter... The enhancement for "no lights off at end" was the only real enhancement. We are working on perhaps one more enhancement release this year and because it is getting too close to the season.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

The new release was mostly minor fixes, most of which few people would ever encounter... The enhancement for "no lights off at end" was the only real enhancement. We are working on perhaps one more enhancement release this year and because it is getting too close to the season.

Dan

Is there any chance that the new hardware utility with the ability to set custom dimming curves for each channel, will be ready for this year? I am anxiously waiting...

128968132331855115.jpg