Light-O-Rama Forums

2.8.10 F shortcut not working

DownTown

Hey guys,

I just did a cursory search, but found nothing. Since I installed 2.8.10, I have lost the use of the "F" key to turn a particular cell (or range) off in the editor. The other keys that I frequently use work fine (T,I,N,G).

Anyone else experiencing this? Has it been reported?

My current work-around is to use the G key instead (and sometimes the O,G combination for selections), and that works ok, it's just one more thing I have to remember when sequencing.

Thanks.

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

Hey guys,

I just did a cursory search, but found nothing. Since I installed 2.8.10, I have lost the use of the "F" key to turn a particular cell (or range) off in the editor. The other keys that I frequently use work fine (T,I,N,G).

Anyone else experiencing this? Has it been reported?

My current work-around is to use the G key instead (and sometimes the O,G combination for selections), and that works ok, it's just one more thing I have to remember when sequencing.

Thanks.

D.T.

Your "F" key is working just fine. Some of the keyboard shortcuts have changed, and "F" is one of them. Off is now the "Delete" key.

Check the help file for a complete list of keyboard shortcuts. There are quite a few of them now.

Thanks a lot Don... I never expected to lose that function, so I never really looked at the new list of shortcut keys. Since N is still on, and now Delete=off, my fingers would be in a really awkward position as I'm sequencing (one hand on mouse, one on keyboard).

Was there any thought of making Insert=on when you changed the delete to off? At least that would make more sense intuitively, and make hand position a little more do-able.

Thanks for the quick reply.

D.T.

• 1 month later...

I have struggled with the new key mappings. I have noticed a few people drop hints about the ability to set your own keyboard commands. I found a utility that has helped do this wonderfully. It is designed as a keyboard macro utility, but I have tested in with LOR 2.8.12 under Windows 7, and it allows me to swap the keys however I want. When I want them back to normal, you just end the running script, or scripts.

It is free at http://www.autohotkey.com.

Hope that helps!