Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16D Question...

Guest guest

Norm,

My first thought was no you cannot. Then I thought( why not! ).... I think it will work but you have to be a little careful.

1. In the standalone sequence only define those 4 channels and nothing else.

2. In the "Show" sequences do not define those 4 channels in any of your sequences.

If you follow those two rules you should not get into a conflict and this should work.

It will not work when:

The same channels are defined in the show and in the standalone sequence. (Both the standalone sequence and the show sequence will attempt to control the same channels and you will get random results).

The standalone sequence has channels defined that are on another controller. (If a controller running a standalone sequences sees a channel for another controller it will become a Director and start transmitting thus missing commands from the PC)

Dan

LightORama wrote:

Norm,

My first thought was no you cannot. Then I thought( why not! ).... I think it will work but you have to be a little careful.

1. In the standalone sequence only define those 4 channels and nothing else.

2. In the "Show" sequences do not define those 4 channels in any of your sequences.

If you follow those two rules you should not get into a conflict and this should work.

It will not work when:

The same channels are defined in the show and in the standalone sequence. (Both the standalone sequence and the show sequence will attempt to control the same channels and you will get random results).

The standalone sequence has channels defined that are on another controller. (If a controller running a standalone sequences sees a channel for another controller it will become a Director and start transmitting thus missing commands from the PC)

Dan

Well just like Dan said it works !!!

You can have a "Standalone" sequence running from a input switch and still control the rest of the channels from the PC, this is going to make my life much easyer this season !!!

Thanks Dan.

Norm