Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.10 custom fade options

Dave Batzdorf

I can't seem to grasp the new feature, or at least new to me, about the custom fades and hot keys. This may be a bit of a sloppy statement, I'm at work (shhhh!) and not in front of the LOR for a better question.

There have always been hot keys. But the current version changed 'Delete' to 'Off' and 'F' to 'Fill'. From the way you asked your question, I guess that you have been mainly using the mouse for sequencing. I find that using mostly the keyboard is faster for me. I use the arrow keys to move to the cell I want to change, then use hot keys, mostly 'D' (Fade Down), 'N' (Full On), 'I' (Set Intensity), and 'Delete' (Off).

The custom fade option has been there since last year. I use it, mostly to 'Fade Down' a 'Shimmer', but in some cases to fade down a twinkle at the end of some songs.

If you can phrase your question in the form of a question, there will probably be many more who will answer it. ;)

Yea, I'll have to work on that. I was at work and couldn't remember the details. The controls I was talking about are the ones with the stars. I too use all keyboard hot-keys. Very little mouse actions....

Say you want to have a shimmer that starts at 100%, and fades down, shimmering, to 0%.

1. Click on the star ("Custom"),
  2. then "Shimmer",
  3. then "Fade Down".
  4. Then, if you normally use keyboard hot-keys, click back on "Select" so you don't mess you sequence by clicking somewhere.

Now highlight the cells where you want this effect, and type 'C'.

Attached files 212417=11852-Star Help.PNG

Expanding upon what Steven explained, you can also do it with the keyboard instead of the toolbar:

Ctrl-Shift-S, Ctrl-Shift-T, Ctrl-Shift-U, Ctrl-Shift-D, and Ctrl-Shift-I change what the "custom" tool means, to shimmer, twinkle, fade up, fade down, and intensity, respectively. Note that you can use these keystrokes even if the custom tool itself is not currently enabled.

And then, like he said, C applies the custom tool to the selection (again, regardless of whether the custom tool itself is currently enabled or not).