Light-O-Rama Forums

Clear list in Recent Sequences

craigh

Is there a way to clear out some of the file names in the Recent Sequences opened list?

I would just like to reduce the number of files names that are listed, as the list is sort of long. If I can keep it cut down that would be nice.

Craig

Well I did this just the other night. There are two ways, one is delete the file and the other way would be to move the file into a holding folder like archieve seq folder.

Deleting the files is fairly straight up. Find the folder that holds your sequences and highlite the file and hit the delete button. So long, farewell old file. Then take out the trash in your trash can so that you free up space on the H.D.

Once you find the folder that contains your active sequences. Drill back up one level and create a new folder and name it something like Archieve sequences. drill back down and select files to archieve, cut and drill up and down into the new folder and paste the files.

Now when you look at your "active sequences" from LOR you will no longer see the files that you archieved.

No, I know of no way to delete or remove sequences from within LOR. Just create is all I have seen.

I might be misunderstanding, but Max-Paul, what you describe will get rid of them from the "Existing Sequences" tab, right? I think the original poster was asking about getting rid of them from the "Recent Sequences" tab.

There is no way to do this from within Light-O-Rama itself. There is, however, a way to do it, at least temporarily (the files will go right back on the list if you open them again). However, it involves manually editing your computer's registry settings.

Manually editing your computer's registry settings is a dangerous thing to do, because it's easy to make a mistake even if you know what you're doing, and making a mistake could mean screwing up your computer in a wide variety of ways.

So, I am not recommending that you do this. In fact, I am recommending against doing it.

But if you're absolutely sure that you know what you're doing, and you're confident that you won't make a mistake, and you are willing to deal with the consequences of any mistake that you may make anyway, then you could do the following:

(1) Run regedit.

(2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-RamaEditorRecentFiles.

(3) There will be a bunch of values in there, named "File1", "File2", and so forth. Delete any that you don't want on the list.

(4) LOR will not pay attention to any entries that are not contiguous. So, for example, if you've deleted "File12", but there's still a "File13", LOR won't list that "File13" because it will stop looking once it sees that there's no such thing as "File12". So, if you want that "File13" listed in LOR, rename it from "File13" to "File12".

Again, I recommend against doing this, and again, it's a temporary thing at best.

Bob,

You are right I only want to clear the "Recent Sequence" list. I also realize that the list will grow again as I open files. I had opened a bunch of sequence files from other people that I have downloaded from various sources and I just wanted to clear out the list as it is pretty long now and it was making it hard to separate them all.

I understand about being careful editing the registry. Thanks for the tip. Could clearing the "recent sequence" list be a new feature?

Thanks

Craig

Could clearing the "recent sequence" list be a new feature?

I would suggest sending an email with this suggestion to wishlist@lightorama.com, so they can keep track of it.