Light-O-Rama Forums

Drawing Mega tree?

TWright

My "standing" and circle on ground are the same tree, just different views of it. The standing is kind of pretty, but it took a lot of time and it really doesn't add that much to sequencing work.
The circle (overhead) view IS good for sequencing, really lets you see the chases well. You really only need the spokes. I enclosed it in a free hand circle just to make the chases look a bit more fluid than the spokes alone.

Attached files 211849=11813-megaTreeAnimator.PNG

Brian. . . Love your fan! Is it RGB? Your fades are great.

Tom. . .
Here's another mega display with 16ch white, 4ch red, and 4ch green. The white dots inbetween the verticals indicate my strobes. There are also two spiral trees, one on each side.

An animation video is shown here . .

Hope this helps.
Richard

Attached files 211863=11816-2010-04-24_Capture.jpg

rjnitto wrote:

Brian. . . Love your fan! Is it RGB? Your fades are great.

Tom. . .
Here's another mega display with 16ch white, 4ch red, and 4ch green. The white dots inbetween the verticals indicate my strobes. There are also two spiral trees, one on each side.

An animation video is shown here . .

Hope this helps.
Richard

Most excellent work!

Are you really only 64 channels? I see some arch-house and spiral tree mirroring.

Thanks for the great post.

Glenn

GS wrote

Most excellent work!

Are you really only 64 channels? I see some arch-house and spiral tree mirroring.

Thanks for the great post.

Glenn

Gotta change that sig! Sorry. This is a model of my 2010 display and I will be running 128 channels.

Richard

Ok I'll bite, how do you get the animation to YouTube? I've been dieing to ask, but didn't want to ask the stupid question. Then i read a bunch of other posts! :)

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

Ok I'll bite, how do you get the animation to YouTube? I've been dieing to ask, but didn't want to ask the stupid question. Then i read a bunch of other posts! :D

I used a free video capture program called CamStudio, played the animation, and saved the capture as an .avi file. This is easily uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.

http://camstudio.org/

Richard