Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange RGB behavior

huskernut

This has been driving me nuts for three nights, three nights that I have not gotten any sequencing done. I have removed just about everything from the attached sequence. All of my previous years channels, the top part are shut off. The bottom half is my CCR.

If you go to the CCR channels and scroll all the way to the right you see, right after 1:28, a gradual ramp up in blue and green from channel CCD 07 p31 on down, by the end of the sequence, green and blue are almost, not quite, full intensity.

Now if you turn this part off, say from 1:28 to the end it all looks good, save it, close it and open it again and it is all back on. turning it off and saving it does not save the change. It comes right back the next time you re-open the sequence.

From messing with it and eliminating pieces, I can get it to go away if I turn off back to the white to red fade at about 17 seconds into the sequence.

First can anyone confirm this? I have run it on two different computers, both running 2.8.10. Second, any idea whats going on here or is it possible to just have a corrupt sequence file?

Bob, you there???? Please and thank you

Rick

Attached files faith noel fix1.lms

For what it's worth I can confirm it. That doesn't mean you're not nuts, however. But in this case the sequence you posted does the same thing for me as it does for you. Strange...

OK, the cause is a bug that was tripped by the fact that the sequence has a bunch of events like "fade up from 0% to 1% over the course of three seconds, followed by a fade up from 1% to 100% over the course of a tenth of a second".

I am attaching a file that smooths things like this out (for example, replacing the above with "off for three seconds, followed by a fade up from 0% to 100% over the course of a tenth of a second".

If you choose to use this "smoothed out" file, please double check it to make sure that I didn't inadvertently change anything that's noticeable to the human eye.

We will work on getting the bug itself addressed.

Again, sorry for the problem, and thanks for pointing it out.

Attached files x-bobmod-faith noel fix1.lms

Thanks Bob, I will try to digest this.

Interesting to me is I created this part of the sequence using two color fades white to red and then red to white which were used in two chases then filled in between them.

I am not really sure where the green and blue fade from 0 to 1% came from unless it is just a slightly off red that wasnt pure red? It sorta perplexes me as to how to really avoid this in the heat of sequencing and I sure couldnt easily figure out how to fix it.

One thing I did learn is that once you add a bunch of color blends, its really hard to back out of them.

Thanks for the quick look at it.

Rick