Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual Video Output?

coasterbp

I know that LOR supports video playback to a seperate monitor. But can it playback 2 different videos to different video outputs as well?

I'm trying to get 2 different videos synched up at the same time during playback to two different video displays...am I up the creek with this one?

Thanks everyone!

-=BP

That's what I kind of figured. Is there a way to start the 2nd video playing using some sort of command sent from LOR?

-=BP

There is a way, but there are many problems you run into when doing it. First of all, if you are going to use Windows Media Player to run the video, it could take a while to open WMP and start playing the video, and this can very every time WMP is opened, so there is really no way to have the second video in sync with the first video and the lights. However, you could do a little research online and fine out how to que in a playlist that is already in WMP and just loop the videos if your sequences are in a certain order.

In addition to what jem5136 said: If you have an "Advanced" license, you should be able to use the "Windows Shell Command" feature to tell Windows to run a video (or a bunch of videos) whenever the sequence starts.

It doesn't have to be WMP, by the way. If you can find some other media player that seems to start up more quickly than WMP, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to set the sequence up to tell Windows to play a video (or videos) using that media player every time the sequence plays.

However, as jem5136 indicated, there's no real guarantee that the videos will be in sync with your lights.

Please see the following page in the help file for information on Windows shell commands:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?windows_shell_commands.htm

Don't know how to do it, but could you put both videos into one file?

Joe Ayo did some video last year that had the actual 'video' placed strategical in the video window that had other animations or words going on in the rest of the video window. His projector was placed in his yard where the 'video' played onto a screen, and the other stuff showed around the video.

Maybe it would be possible to actually put both the videos you want to use into the same video file. Output to one monitor that actually has 2 projectors connected thru a Y cable.

Don't know what kind of set up you are looking at having.

Just a thought.

I do have the advanced version. Splitting up the video might be a solution I can play with....

Thanks for everyones' help.

-=BP