Light-O-Rama Forums

ims files

sthobe

Your right, maybe I should have just walked away. My intent was not a full smack down as someone mentioned. But it was one of those slaps along the back of the head. Don is a better man than me and twice I saw him try to get the point across. Even added respectfully. The OP should have seen that Don who is an old timer here would know his stuff. Yet the newbie stuck to his guns. My comments were to try to get newbie to open his eyes.

Ya, so I tend to be the bad guy. At least I controlling it and just saying "WOW".

The extension is one thing, but I believe I was trying to open a LOR S1 file in the S2 and couldn't be read for some reason.

LOR 2 can open sequences that were created using LOR 1.

If you have what you believe to be an LOR 1 sequence which LOR 2 cannot open, please send it to us so that we can take a look at it. Thanks.

sthobe wrote:

yeah i figured it out and they were right had to use the sequence editor to open them up, they were all there..........thank you all for your help .but just give us newbies some slack this is hard enough already it does not help being made fun of.I bet you had questions when you all first started and probably didn't anyone to help. I feel blessed to have help and knowledge that you all contribute but do it with a smile.Isn't that what christmas is all about.GOD BLESS

Keep asking the questions and ignore the answers you don't like!

bob wrote:

The extension is one thing, but I believe I was trying to open a LOR S1 file in the S2 and couldn't be read for some reason.

LOR 2 can open sequences that were created using LOR 1.

If you have what you believe to be an LOR 1 sequence which LOR 2 cannot open, please send it to us so that we can take a look at it. Thanks.

Every time I open an OLDER LOR 1 or even a LOR 2 sequence created prior to 2.8.10, the sequencer always opens the file, but when I go to save it back out from the newest version, it always asks if I'm sure I want to save it because the "old effects" or something close to it, "would be lost".

I just go ahead and save it and have had no problems opening and converting the older sequences to the latest version of the sequnecer at all.

Nor have I ever noticed any loss in the effects from the original sequence when doing this. But I suppose their could always be a first time for anything. :P

Orville wrote:

Every time I open an OLDER LOR 1 or even a LOR 2 sequence created prior to 2.8.10, the sequencer always opens the file, but when I go to save it back out from the newest version, it always asks if I'm sure I want to save it because the "old effects" or something close to it, "would be lost".

That message is just saying that if you save this file now, using LOR 2, LOR 1 will no longer be able to understand it.

Or, in the case of a sequence that was originally created by some older version of LOR 2, it's saying that that older version of LOR 2 may not be able to understand it (it might be able to, though).

The latest version of LOR 2 (and presumably future versions) will be able to understand it just fine.

Nothing will be lost; it's just that if you fall back to using LOR 1, you won't be able to use that sequence with that old software anymore, and if you fall back to using an earlier version of LOR 2, you might not be able to use that sequence with that old software anymore.

bob wrote:

Orville wrote:

That message is just saying that if you save this file now, using LOR 2, LOR 1 will no longer be able to understand it.

Or, in the case of a sequence that was originally created by some older version of LOR 2, it's saying that that older version of LOR 2 may not be able to understand it (it might be able to, though).

The latest version of LOR 2 (and presumably future versions) will be able to understand it just fine.

Nothing will be lost; it's just that if you fall back to using LOR 1, you won't be able to use that sequence with that old software anymore, and if you fall back to using an earlier version of LOR 2, you might not be able to use that sequence with that old software anymore.

I understand all that and that's why I have a directory on another drive where I have my original LOR 2 sequences from the old version of the S2 sequencer software (2.7.6), just in case I may need to go backward for some reason, although at the moment I can't think of one! LOL

And just for the record, when we were having all those issues with the 2.8.8. upgrade, I had converted all my sequences and saved them to that version, when I had to fall back to 2.7.6, it still read and understood them just fine. Just so you know. :)

But then I don't have CCR's or any of those special lights that some folks use and that could be a problem for those folks if they had to revert back to an older version prior to that incorporation!

LOR 1 was probably long time gone by the time I started with LOR at the beginning of 2010. :(